• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FL To Fort Campbell, KY and back

FM5332FF

Like the title says i will soon be heading to Fort Campbell KY, to pick up two M105 Trailers that i bid on and won, The Auction ended this afternoon and i just happened to win the auction which was a lot of two m105 trailers that looked to be in great shape, so i will be driving my Duramax with a 20Ft trailer up EMPTY and returning with two 105 Trailers, so if you have somthing you need delivered on the way up or back, let me know. i have not yet filled out the euc because the aution wont release untill midnight. Well just send me a pm and let me know what you need. i plan on leaving on a sunday and heading back on a saturday. Thanks. Chris. here are some pics of my new trailers.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might have something in the works for you on this one! I'll let you know if it pans out!

FM5332FF

the euc is taking a bit of time, but hopefully it will be here before the last weekend of the month, that is when i plan on leaving for KY. I will be heading up to vinnys house saturday the 28th then we will drive my truck and trailer to ga on sunday the 29th, stay the night and pick up the 105 trailers first thing sunday the 30th. that is the plan. let me know before then if you need anything hauled, so far i will just have a couple of trailer parts with me for walter and a couple of things vinny is bringing.

Stonepicker1

Will both 105s fit on a 20 ft trailer??? :?
They should fix fine on a 20 ft trailer.
I had two M101 on my trailer, it has a 16 ft flat deck. I put one of the trailers tongue under the back of the other trailer. I also used the space above my tow trailers tongue (total space used 19 ft). I picked them up in Iowa and transported them to south Florida. Sold both for $1,400 ea.:):)

Attachments

Green_gator

I spoke with Vinny today and will need to meet up with you on the way up and back for some cots and camo nets to go north and some troop seats to come South. I will send you a PM about the trailer parts.

FM5332FF

Sumoman, Be suprised, my euc cleared and i have my paid in full invoice in hand. walter i spoke to vinny today, we can meet up somewhere near 75 on my way up to his place, i plan on leaving ftmyers saturday the 28th in the afternoon.

FM5332FF

i will post pics when i pick them up. and here is my euc info.

EUC Status history:

StatusDateSubmission of EUC Pending02/26/2009EUC revisions requested from Customer03/10/2009EUC sent to Battle Creek03/11/2009Customer Notified03/18/2009:p:p:p

acmunro

I have hauled to(2) M105 trailers on an 18' trailer. I had the M105 trailer tongues to the rear of the trailer to make it easier to unload when I got back. The second trip I had the rear trailer tongue stick out the back a bit (put a red flag on it) so I could keep everything back to reduce tongue weight on the towed trailer. A couple weeks ago I pulled a load out from Ft Drum with (2) M103 and (3) M116 genset trailers (no gens) With a dually Chevy Flat bed and the same 18' trailer. I wish I would have taken pics of that one.

FM5332FF

So far, So Good, I left my house on saturday to head up to vinnys, on the way up i met up with walter to pick up some stuff for vinny and Dereck Taylor. This morning (sunday) we left vunnys and headed north first stopping at matts place to pick up some parts, after leaving matts we headed up to atlanta to meet up with joe trapp to pick up some 2.5 ton running gear for my friends truck, after leaving there we stopped at derek's for a little bit to drop off some tires and stuff we brought up for him and then we headed north again, we are now at a holiday in across the street from fort campbell and we are going to head over there at 8am tomorrow to pick up my trailers. after that we will start heading south again and on the way back were stopping at derek's place again and then back to vinnys. were having a good time and have had no major problems.

Tnrobocop

This is my first post. Just found the site after I just picked up my first MV, a 1985 CUCV Blazer about two weeks ago.

I live in Nashville, about 50 mins south of FTCKY if anybody needs a hand or a place to stop for the night, drop me a PM. Be glad to lend a hand.

Last edited:

FM5332FF

We are back at Vinnys place now, we got in at around 0230 with a truck full of goodies, we picked up two j pipes, one for Green Gator and the other for another member when we were at Taylor Trading's place we also had a box seat, tent, a couple of M105 Tops that were getting tossed out at the DRMO, FREEBIE, so that was nice, there was a set of 2.5 ton running gear in the bed of the truck that i picked up from Joe, then a bunch of other odds and ends parts in the bed, on the trailer we had my two M105 Trailers, which are sweet by the way, vinnys 105 trailer body and a 5 Ton transfer case. It was pretty much a full load back, But it was a great time. There were a couple of set backs from me getting a nice little ticket from the MP's for rolling a stop sign, he didnt give me a ticket for that but what i did not know was that my licence had expired on my birthday last week, so i have to get that renewed. Then then we first loaded the tailers we loaded them in tongue twords the rear and like that the trailer was way to tongue heavy and the jack was only a couple inches off the ground, so we had to unload them and then have the GL guy re load them for us, when we were doing that we noticed a huge pile of tops and covers that were getting thrown out so we asked if we could pick through them and he said sure, so we picked up a couple of spare covers and got out of there, we stopped back at the hotel to pick up the rest of our stuff we left there and then headed out back to Taylor Trading to pick up the transfer case for Vinny and Green Gators parts. We left there around 1730 or so and headed home, the trip from there on was un eventful and went smooth we ate dinner at a golden trough and then we were on the road again, we arrived back to vinnys and went to SLEEP. Now were off to go pick up my 2 gallons of 686 Tan, 1 Gallon of 383 Brown, 1 gallon of flat Black, and one dozen bombcans of 686 Tan for my truck. :twisted:

XM211DOG777

Just a thought.

I gotta load from Conway New Hampshire to StPetersburg Florida.
Duece and 1/2 needs brought down to me,here in Florida.
Need to talk Turkey
or
feed on some good advice from someone.
I am a newbie to buying Army trucks and shipping.
But, it didnt stop me.
I bought a XM211 1530 miles away from me.
Geeeeeeeeeeeeewizzzz Pa.
DOG777

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks