• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FL to MI

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck on the trip, remember the pillow and to stay in the right lane. I-75 is the longest ride I have ever done. If your in Michigan between exit 1 through 180 and you have any trouble what so ever hit me up for parts, fuel, jump, battery, tow bar and support.

IGD

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Outstanding news. You do know the trick to stay cool in the cab, right? If not, close up all the windows and tilt out the windshield a few clicks or more. In in rusing air will pressurize the cab and blow out the heat through all the holes. Trust me it works.

seamaximus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have heard that. Actually not too bad heat wise. I'm afraid we'll be hitting Atlanta at the tail end of rush hour though!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have heard that. Actually not too bad heat wise. I'm afraid we'll be hitting Atlanta at the tail end of rush hour though!
Here's the test I give folks. Drive with the window down for 20 minutes and then feel the transfer case shifter. Close the windows for 20 minutes and feel it again. The difference is amazing. My Texas bretheren sure appreciated that tip back in 2007.

seamaximus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Straight up 75. Stopped north of Atlanta for a nasty storm. Have got a seeping rear axle seal were keeping an eye on

ryan77

You think traffic is bad in Atlanta try going through Chicago via 94 to 90 at the circle that thing is always backed up!!! Good luck in your roadtrip!!

O.D. Fever

Just north of Grand Rapids

If you need help I have a service truck and tow bar and parts 30 minutes north of Grand Rapids, MI. Good luck and have fun, don't sweat the axel seal, the vent might be plugged.:-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doing great. I seem to travel with purpose just like you. Press on regardless. Dang, I'm missing my deuce now.

Riftweaver

Glad to hear you made it safe and sound!

I don't know if I would have taken that bag of "chow" around the truck though. I'm suprised the truck didn't revolt in some way with the quality of food that was around it. :)