• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flag Retiring Ceremony this passed weekend in CT

palskidoo

This passed Sunday was my second time at the American Legions flag retiring ceremony one town over from me here in CT. I "convoyed" there with a friend and his M37. My girl ran like a champ!! When we arrived there was another Willys jeep and the 1939 halftrack (fully operational). It was driven to ceremony in fact. I introduced myself to the owner of the halftrack and he was more than happy to talk about it and even BS with me about my deuce and places for parts etc. YOU GREEN FEVER GUYS ARE AMONG THE BEST PEOPLE ON EARTH! Then, he proceeds to tell my buddy and I all about the halftrack and how it was an "island hopper prototype" with a serial number under 1000. He then made my day by offering to let my buddy and I both take it for a ride!!:naner: ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY............ but I had to pass it up due to a prior engagement I needed to get too. Hopefully that chance to drive the halftrack will come again when I go to visit the guy and see the rest of his MV collection. :-D

20140608_134738.jpg20140608_134816.jpg20140608_134838.jpg20140608_144503.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks