• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flasher not flashing

Lextreme

I recently changed to a brand new turn signal flasher. It was working fine for few weeks until two days ago. It would turn on when the turn signal is activated but it doesn't flash at all. What would be the diagnoses for this problem?

Ford Mechanic

Just one side or both???

I had a wire intermittenly shorting where it rubbed a piece of steel that would give the same symptom when shorted only on one side.

poppop

Just a guess but I would say the flasher is bad. I just ordered a new one for my duece because it is doing the same thing. Current goes through and the lights come on but does not flash so flasher must be bad.

poppop

Yes both sides light up front and rear and don't flash. When I started trouble shooting I found a broken wire in the pigtail coming out of the flasher. Installed another pigtail and lights come on but don't flash.

Sorry, did not realize the above post was from the original poster answering the question.

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

You may wish to dis-assemble the turn signal switch and check the contacts, to be sure they are not bunt or corroded. While you have it apart, use a good contact cleaner to remove the crud.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a guess but I would say the flasher is bad. I just ordered a new one for my duece because it is doing the same thing. Current goes through and the lights come on but does not flash so flasher must be bad.
I second that. I had to swap out two times; the third one seems to be the charm.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
do not buy NOS flashers. buy a new recently made flasher. also realize that some parts are surplus for a good reason, they did not pass QC.

in this case it certainly sounds like you need a new flasher unit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks