• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flat Black Deuce?

kennys@wi.rr.com

OMG is that F%$&^@# COOL. Ok so now that I let my little boy side out, I'm much better now. Even my wife likes it, we may be onto something here.
So now to let that little boy out of the bag again. What about stenciling "stelth" on the bumper ends???
Thank you for the pics guy incase you couldn't tell I love them.

Blythewoodjoe

Am I the only one thinking the only thing hotter than a green deuce would be one in a color that absorbs even more solar heat?

I drove a black car in high school and it was one hot machine in the sun.

PS. The word hot used above is not "Pamela Anderson" hot. It's "don't touch the stove" hot.

rlwm211

My Deuce is Nato 3 color camo and I guess adding black to that flat OD green just makes it even "HOTTER!"

RL

Last edited:

rlwm211

BLACK HELICOPTERS....BLACK DEUCES....BLACK SUBMARINES....BLACK AIRPLANES......probably BLACK TANKS....who knows what else?

I am getting a little worried about DARPA and what they have actually built into these trucks.....

:wink:

RL

AN/ARC186

FT Lewis has a few M813's painted flat black and black CUCV's. I was going to take a couple pics but then realised it's against regs. Anyone know what the Army would be doing with these older black trucks? They were on the other side of the fence amongst the HEMTT's and FMTV's.
They belong to DOL and are used as service trucks by the mechanics.

emr

WOW that A3 looks good black, for me none of the others do, but thats just me, i am an Olive drab guy for sure, BUT that A3 looks Awesome !!!!!!!!:-D

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another pic of YANKEEDEUCE's black truck.

I second the thought that painting a truck flat black is not easy. The darker the flat color, the more you see the imperfections in the paint job.
I like the natural wood look on the troop seats, that's how I plan to do mine. Atlthough I want to paint it similar to the green deuce next to it.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Deuce must be Pam Anderson Hot. It is not the most comfortable ride and is probably hazardous to my health, but I'll take her for a hard drive anyday.:cool:
Ick. Better get you a Bio hazard suit, and wear safety glasses for when the Bondo starts flaking off.

dittle

Glad my A2 doesn't sound like that when it starts up. I would have had air pressure and down the road by the time that thing got going.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks