• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flat Spots on tires?

uriss

As an old trucker I am familiar with flat spots on trailers that someone has hit the trailer brakes on and flat spotted the tires. I took delivery of my Duece a few days ago and yesterday I just had to take it for a lil ride of about five miles. It rode pretty good. This AM I filled all the tires to the prescribed 50 pounds before takeing it out on the blacktop. I'm rolling along about 10 - 15 mph and the truck is doing what I think might be flat spot tires. That little brump brump brump brump vibration type of hop. It was a lot colder out this morning compared to the 75 degrees of yesterday. My question is three fold. First is if I reduce the air pressure back to the 40 lbs where I found it will that help it? Second; all ten tires still have the brand new teats all over each tire. Are these trucks not moved for a long enough period of time to cause the tires to flatspot? One last question is will this steady vibration actually hurt the truck? Or (sigh) do I have to bust open my piggy bank to buy some new ones? If so what should I expect to spend? thanks!

Last edited:

212sparky

Buy some new ones and send yours to me. They flat spot just sitting in place. It takes me about 10 miles to get them round again.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The NDT's have Nylon cords, and they form a flat spot from sitting. My 814 would flat spot the tires after about 2 days. Temp also has something to do with the length of time it takes to unflatspot the tires. I once drove for 15 miles before the tires finally warmed up enough.

barefootin

As the others said...., they flat spot pretty quick. On a warm day mine take a few miles to round out. On cold days it can be 5 plus miles before they settle down. I just take it easy so it and I don't shake apart...

3dAngus

The A3's are the worse of all, where they go completely flat from the CTIS. It took several hundred miles for mine to 'round out' and even then they weren't perfect. And it still took every day about ten mile per day to round out the tires all over again.

The A2 NDTs are not as bad, but they can sit for years without use. I would take it for a nice long ride, maybe a couple of times. You didn't say how it got delivered, whether driving or trailering, but if it was trailered, a long ride is probably well overdue. Keep the air pressure up there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks