• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flat tow

Kora

If HUMVEE and HUMMER are identical on drive train design, why HUMVEE is not flat tow-able while HUMMER is flat tow-able without disconnecting the drive shaft? What am I missing here?

Gunzy

HMMWV and H1 Hummer do NOT have the same drive train. TH400 without park vs. 4l80e, AWD T case vs 4WD T case. There is more but these are the big ones.

Kora

HMMWV and H1 Hummer do NOT have the same drive train. TH400 without park vs. 4l80e, AWD T case vs 4WD T case. There is more but these are the big ones.
Gunzy, appreciated very much for your expert / professional explanation. Now I know.

snowtrac nome

both the 3l80 and 4l80's are flat towable did it lots as a young gi, you must have the t- case in natural and make certain it is if not you will smoke the transmission. for safety purposes you should use a truck one size larger to tow with as the towed vehicle has no brakes and can push you while trying to make an emergency stop or while cornering.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks