• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flat Towing HMMWV.....Dumbest Question Ever.

UserError

Guys, i have possibly the dumbest question.

Flat towing a HMMWV, can you use the same tow bar as a 5 ton?

Ive only ever flat towed 5 ton to 5 ton, and have everything needed to do it.

I can't seem to figure out where the tow bar would attach on a HMMWV, maybe the brackets are missing?

Maybe I'm a complete idiot?

Please Advise.

UserError

I think i have both feet.....maybe the multi feet. i will have to go dig around in the pile.

I just don't see where the pads on the HMMWV are. Im looking in pics, don't have one actually here to check out.

PowerstrokeNC

Quick FYI I discovered, if using the medium heavy towbar (not the one you are describing) it has a multi foot with 3/4 and 1" sizes on it. This setup will fit the HMMWV. However if its a winch model like the pic in this thread the larger side of the foot will contact the winch plate this causes the bar to 'ride up' This clearance issue had the ring on the towbar approx 4-5 inches too high to go in to the pintle hitch on the lmtv. :???: