• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flex-Plate change.

Gamagoat1

Here's a question,
Can a M1009 flex-plate be changed out with out removing trans or engine. (Just moving the trans/transfer back a few inches.)

It sure looks possible, anybody tried it?

mangus580

Yes! You sure can. Get some nice long 6" or so, 3/8-16 bolts, to thread into the bell housing, allowing you to maintain alignment. you should only need 2 of them. remove all the bell housing bolts, unbolt the torque converter, thread 2 long bolts into the bell housing. Unbolt crossmember using a floor jack to support. lower floor jack slightly, and start to slide back. You will have to lower enough to clear the body with the tranny.

Reverse process to re-install.

ida34

I did mine without the long bolts. I had a trans jack adapter for my floor jack but I like the long bolt idea. I will have to try it sometime.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks