• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flexible fuel line sizes and part numbers info

Skinny

I'm getting ready to replace my mechanical fuel pump. I eventually would like to do dual tanks with electric pumps inspired by Piracy but don't want to dive into that yet. So I am going to change out the $25 mechanical pump and replace all my rubber lines other than the ones in the engine bay. I replaced those while upgrading my fuel system to a Stanadyne FM100 filter.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...100-fuel-management-system-upgrade&highlight=

I have looked up the part numbers using the TM. I then took those and planted them into a website which can be found here:

http://fsg-47-pipes-tubing-fittings.parttarget.com/hose-flexible-tubing-9439046_944061.html

Hose part numbers can be entered in up top in the "part search" box. It will give you the ID for the hose.

What I have come up with and I hope is accurate because all of this is research and unverified because I haven't performed the job yet.

At the fuel tank, there are three hoses: Feed, Return, and a vent called Drain.

Feed 9439162 3/8" ID, 5.12" long
Return 9439046 1/4" ID, 5.12" long
Drain 9439104 5/16" ID, 3.94" long

The IP return hose:

Return 9438257 1/4" ID, 9.84" long

Fuel Line at the Mechanical pump appears to be a preformed piece, I may need to add a service loop or be creative to make the bend...who knows. It does not come up with a hose diameter but I will assume it is 3/8" ID as the inlet to the fuel filter is that size.

If anyone has supplemental information or corrections, please feel free to add it. Most of this info is out somewhere on the Al Gore interweb. It is just scattered at best and difficult to find. I hope this makes it easier for anyone doing fuel system mods.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't remember the sizes, but your numbers look correct.

The only issue you might have is with the preformed supply line to the lift pump. Some guys have luck with making a sweeping bend. Others have bent the line on the frame to make it work.

Be creative and it will workout.

Hasdrubal

If you haven't already purchased a lift pump. Get a AC Delco, Carter are a piece of #*@&#. Had one develop a leak after only 13 months.

Skinny

Gotta love RockAuto!

Got the AC Delco for $25. Also bought a wiper motor (A-1 Cardone) for $50 which was 50% cheaper than one from the local parts store.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks