• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fliegertreffen Hahnweide 2009

Gents,

we have a small grass air strip near Stuttgart here which is operated by a glider club. It has been tradition there that every two years they have a fly in for oldtimers and warbirds, and they have grown bigger every year. This year they absolutly went over the top with a huge program and a great assortment of warbirds. They even managed to invite 5 Ju-52, which flew all the time, even in massive fly-bys. What a sight! There also was a flyable Me163 (sans rocket motor, of course :) ) and Flug Werkes famous Fw-190 and numerous others to watch.
Unfortunatly, I was not able myself to participate this year, but I collected some nice images from different photographers.

Enjoy!
Mark

Attachments

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Awesome pictures!!!!!! I would love to have been there to see that.

We have an airshow here every year with a FEW old war planes but nothing that inpressive.

Thanks for sharing Sir!!:-D

Green_gator

Mark,
Thanks for the pictures. The planes are great and the scenery brings back memories of the three years I spent in Boeblingen back in the 80s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks