• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida Round Up...

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Mike! Was good meeting all and I promise to stay longer and take home more of your mud next time. :D Thanks to your Dad to. :D

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, how is the torque rod repair going? Please, keep us posted, these things are tricky and I for one would like to know how to replace the rubber part, which must have been torn.
Also how did it come off?

There are lots of them on the xm757 and they are claimed to be "sealed for life" (scary!), so a good test procedure will hopefully come out of this as well.
Interestingly, they are made of an aluminum alloy on the 757.

Thanks,

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've not started on it yet Bjorn. Hopefully in a few weeks. I may rig it temporarily until I can get the parts in. Right now the truck hasn't been touched since coming from the roundup. Not sure exactly how it got broke but I did beat on it quite hard pulling out one of the Pinzgauers and it got twisted up a bunch in off camber situations. I think it's the off camber stuff that finally rips the weaker rubber. I'm thinking of several different ways to rig a redundant safety on the new ones. I Still need to post a picture of the way we strapped it together to get it home.

devilman96

Kenny,

Pending on how hard those studs are we can prolly chuck them up drill and then thread them to take a bolt and retaining washer, at least if the bushing went bad it wouldn't eject it from the stud.

rdixiemiller

I was thinking the same thing Devilman. Drill and tap, set a stud in place, then use a large shock washer and rubber isolator to keep the rod in place.
If you have torque rods that have bushings that are looking a little rotten, it could be a good fix.

vinny-socom1

Hey guys sorry I missed the meeting here in Florida, :( I just got into the forum and seen I missed this meeting just about in my back yard so to speak. aua It looks like everyone had a lot of fun. I'm in for the next trip!! I've got my camping gear and a couple of class III guns to bring!!! Let me know if I can :) help any with the next one!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're in Vinny. It should be around the same time next year. It was a blast this year and will be even better next year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks