• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida to Maryland to Florida

Green_gator

Just won an M105 trailer out of Fort Meade as one of them just called out to me. Why can I just not bid on things close to home!! :D I plan to l run the I-95 corridor up and back so if anyone has things to move let me know. If I have enough to move I will take the deuce or just my Ford truck. Funny that I start thinking about the F series as the "fuel efficient" vehicle. I have read a number of the posts about pulling these with civilian vehicles and it seems that the truck should be up to the job. Although, if anyone is headed south with a lonely pintle hitch.... I am happy to talk fuel money to you for the tow. The trip dates are really at the whim of GL and the EUC process but I am thinking early June. The only week that I can not move is June 22 - 28 as I am in Cimmarron, NM with my son for a week at the Philmont Scout Ranch. I sure hope that this is not exactly when I need to go grab the trailer. I know that there are some stranded trailers around the East Coast so maybe we can work together and get two of them home.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Walter, check with Mike Pop and see if there is a medium you guys can reach. He's planning a trip to S FL to pick up his Austin Champ but I don't know if he's able to wait until June. Figure 7 to 10 working days for your EUC since you already did one. I was very tempted by the $100 M105s in PA late last year but I came to my senses and waited. I bought one out of JAX for $315. Spent $200 extra but saved $300 in fuel fetching it.

ida34

Re: RE: Florida to Maryland to Florida

Recovry4x4 said:
. I was very tempted by the $100 M105s in PA late last year but I came to my senses and waited. I bought one out of JAX for $315. Spent $200 extra but saved $300 in fuel fetching it.
And that is the key to this whole thing. I hate to see cheap stuff going elsewhere but usually try to wait until I find something closer. I try to figure in a hassle factor in addition to the gas cost.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Florida to Maryland to Florida

A newbie to the site, but I just got back from NorVa with room on the trailer. Going back north for July 4th weekend, if you still need it moved by then.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks