• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida trail ride and I got stuck!

cessnatwin

It was an awesome day! Perfect for a ride in the woods! We met up in the Richloam Forrest and camped out over night! Listened to Vinniesocom's go*D**m generator run all night as I froze my ass off! PCTRANS, Phil, Rayzer, Floridason, ODDBALL of course! You guys were missed, and everyone else that elected not to show!

Attachments

cessnatwin

more pics! Tim aka Stalker, got in some sticky situations with the pinz, but did better than I did In the long run! Kenny R4x4 you should of been there too!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Woulda been kinda cool but I don't care for mud anymore. I will make it to the FL Rally oin Feb. It will be happening too!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
front wheel smiley face = hilarious

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No mud at the Fla rally this year?
Well, it was a bit wet in 2010. I drove in, parked my truck and other than using it to pull out my golf cart, it didn't move. I enjoy watching everyone else play in the quagmire. I did wade in it for a spell getting other folks freed. Besides showing up with an operational winch this year, I'll also have my snatchup strap from he77, 40' of extra cable and 120' of strap that can be used for winching. That's 190' of rigging besides the 175' of cable on my winch. I'll help but it will be from terra firma!

I think its alot of fun when someone gets really stuck. Like last year at the florida rally I think we did awesome using the resources we had on hand to free a unimog, bobbed 5ton, an m109, and a Frankenstein 5ton dragon wagon. Not to mention all the golf carts! LOL I think the Pinz were the only vehicles that didnt get stuck.

lavarok

Looks like you all had a good time! I'm going to have to make it to one of the Richloam events so you guys can have a CUCV in your contingent. My M1009 will be easier to pull out of a hole than that 5ton!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like some good clean fun!

How cold was it at night?

cessnatwin

Just added a little camo to the green! I bent the stack a little, and the mirrors, but that is a quick easy fix, had a battery go bad while in the mud hole so I could not help with the excavation! Lucky for me Vinniesocom and Grumpy conducted a pro hookup and in minutes I was out! This has been a great truck! I think it's kinda cool that you can still get to see her even soo far away from Delta, PA!

SixSpeed

Banned
We are lucky we had a good road to pull from (the hole where he got stuck was literally the last hole on the trail) One Deuce didn't even think about moving it. Two Deuces together had to work pretty hard to get it out, but it wasn't too bad. It was a cool sight to see them pull the truck out!

Pinz25086

It would have been easier if the 5 ton was running! The battery died and no way to jump it off where it sat. It was a great day for all and the weather was great (during the day). I had a great time and it was nice to have the Pinz back in the woods. Thanks to Vinny and Jack for putting it all together.

Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks