• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida Trailer Owners (Registration Question)

JB

I have three trailers that I have registered so far. A Tool trailer, a M416 & a M101. My question is what kind of hoops did you go through to get registered for a tag?

My 416 was a GL aquisition so I was the first civy owner. When I went to the county tag ofc they tried using the 4 digit vin but that did not work for them cause it was too short. So they ended up giving me a dummy # for the registration slip that did not match the dataplate.

The tool trailer was no probelm a few years ago but I can't recall the exact circumstances.

The 1968 M101A1 was a new pain, the VIN for it matched the VIN for a 1984 Fla Agriculture 30K # flatbed trailer. My trailer is obiously not that, then they wanted proof of the weight of it. I could go get it weighed @ 45 mile round trip from where I was, or instead I went and pulled the data plate to show the weight but the supervisor at the Office. I had to specifically point the weight out (plate was faded a bit). Then they ended up issuing a dummy vin# like the 416.

Anyone have these problems? If I get pulled and someone checks the registration versus the VIN am I gonna be cooked?

Pics added to avoid TTIWWOP's and the M101 pic was made by Dirtyfingernails who i bought it from

Attachments

Last edited:

dirtyfingernails

Jason,
Sorry it has been such a hassle. I'm glad you got the 101 registered. I've had problems with vehicles AND trailers at the FLDMV. I always hold my breath when I go in there. I sure like the tool trailer. If you ever want to sell it, let me know.
Steve

JB

Thanks Steve will do.

I got the bug for more and my EUC just went to Battle Creek so I should be picking up another in the next month or so. Thanks again teh trailer did well bringing it back from Gville

scottc

Hell I use the same plate for three trailers. Now watch I'll get caught. We have built trailers and made up vin numbers, directed to do so by the state, and then simply stamped the numbers on the trailer once our vin was checked to make sure no else had the same number issued.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks