• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Floridian checkin in with a VIN question

bassetdeuce

I recently won a deuce on GL and wanted to be sure about the VIN. The description listed:

SERIAL NUMBER: 04K-45071-0525-22847

Am I right to assume 04K-45071 is the reg number and 0525-22847 is the serial number/VIN ?

GL just gives a very general description (M35A2 WO/W, ...), so if anyone can look up more info on this truck, I would be grateful.

I have been reading the TMs and waiting for EUC approval. I am looking forward to making new friends here.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say you are correct. Carnac is out of town, when he gets back, you can list your numbers on his thread and he may find more info on your truck.

USMC6062

When I titled both of my deuces here in Florida, I used the whole thing as my VIN. Everything went smooth, with no problems doing it that way. Just fill out your paper work using 04K45071052522847 without the dashes. That makes it a standard 17 digit VIN like everything else.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I'm still outta town and can't look up stuff yet. Important points:

#1 Validate the SN on the truck frame with your paperwork. Do not rely on the data plate on the dash. If they match, Great.

#2 Technically, the SN is your VIN. The registration number is not part of your SN/VIN.

#3 If your SN matches on your frame and paperwork, then I would assume the registation number is correct. That registration number is for a 1971 truck.

#4 There are no O (as in Oscar) or I (as in India) when doing vin's and registration numbers. They are always 0 (zero) and 1 (one). It is importatant this is clearly printed on your forms when you request titling and registration.

Later

scrapman

I am over here in DeLand and have not had any problems with insurance or temp tags yet. GL is required by the state of Florida to provide a title to the vehichles we buy. When I get temp 10 day tags I take my paid invoice, insurance card and the application for a Florida title/ SF97 supplement in hand along with patience and a smile. Talk about OD fever I've bought 4 M35s this month. Would like to hear from you being that you are so close.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks