• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU 419 in Texarkana, Needed in South Carolina / Savannah, GA area

sapper843

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an FLU 419. The auction was won today 11/2 so it will need a pickup by the 10th. What kind of shipping costs can I expect? From Texarkana to Savannah, ga. It is a fully functioning rig, I am also thinking of driving it, but everyone says I'm crazy.

Jakob1944

I have an FLU 419. The auction was won today 11/2 so it will need a pickup by the 10th. What kind of shipping costs can I expect? From Texarkana to Savannah, ga. It is a fully functioning rig, I am also thinking of driving it, but everyone says I'm crazy.
Cool, driving it would make history......what are looking at 400 miles?......what's the practical speed to drive it.....

sapper843

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Top speed is 50, so prob 45-50 most of the way. about 900 Miles :grd:. I'm pretty tight on money having spent more than I planned on the truck I wanted. And although I am enticed by the adventure of the drive, I am certainly aware that having it shipped would be the best plan. Any thoughts on price?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I charge 1.65 a mile. Your not gonna find a better price. I would not drive it that far. They have been sitting awhile. Pickup times at 2416 south lake road are monday thru wed 8 to 12. I could do it if needed. Text my cell 901 318 8353. Wes

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Its 900+ miles. Do not chance that drive

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

profo

Sapper hate to bust your bubble but I own a FLU-419 SEE and you will not drive it 50mph maybe 40-45 if you have nerves of steel, because it drives like a bowl of Jello and reasonable safety limits it to about 40. Also without doing a complete PM on it I would advise against it, mine came from Texarkana about a year ago and was one of the best one that came out of there had 422 miles on it and I still had to do alot of work to make it worthy of driving 35 miles! Good luck you may make it but if you have trouble and have to trailer it remember it weights 16k lbs.

Jakob1944

Could be a massive breakdown followed by a recovery then followed by 1.65 a mile.....I'd have him deliver it......at least he has a license plate and insurance on his truck/trailer along with experience.......

General Hood

Sapper hate to bust your bubble but I own a FLU-419 SEE and you will not drive it 50mph maybe 40-45 if you have nerves of steel, because it drives like a bowl of Jello and reasonable safety limits it to about 40. Also without doing a complete PM on it I would advise against it, mine came from Texarkana about a year ago and was one of the best one that came out of there had 422 miles on it and I still had to do alot of work to make it worthy of driving 35 miles! Good luck you may make it but if you have trouble and have to trailer it remember it weights 16k lbs.
Agreed, 45 mph is best safe speed, plus you're dealing with a bucket out front. Driving that distance would be like taking the 8 second rodeo buck out, and making it last 2 days

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks