• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 Hydraulic filters

FOD

Just took delivery of my FLU tonight and was wondering:

Are there any recommendations out there for where to find replacement hydraulic filters? I've searched through these forums as well as others in addition to calling several of the shops with no success.

Also does anyone else happen to have a FLU that has an "aftermarket" chain welded to the drivers side seat? I'm curious as to what that could have been used for. It's about 18" long.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fod, I was looking for filters, too, found them...and found them very expensive.
Then, when changing to AW-32 and pulled them out, noticed that they look perfectly reusable. I cleaned them, as needed, and plopped them back in.

Those chains are genuine Govt. anti theft devices. Not sure if they are supposed to go to the brake or clutch pedal, though.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fod, I was looking for filters, too, found them...and found them very expensive.
Then, when changing to AW-32 and pulled them out, noticed that they look perfectly reusable. I cleaned them, as needed, and plopped them back in.

Those chains are genuine Govt. anti theft devices. Not sure if they are supposed to go to the brake or clutch pedal, though.
The chains usually go to lock the steering wheel.

FOD

I'm hoping these are in the same useable condition but just in case they aren't do you remember where you found them?

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm hoping these are in the same useable condition but just in case they aren't do you remember where you found them?
Unfortunately, no I don't. But most likely it was a Unimog parts supplier in Oregon, maybe Washington.
If you Google "Unimog parts" that outfit should come up. That's how I found it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks