• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same size as a SEE12.5R20 ( 335/80 R 20).
Then I'd think there are tires good for whatever speed a 1300 can muster. Not that I checked what the Super Swampers or Pitbulls I got are rated at - I was more concerned with the load rating for the SEE - but if they are good enough for pickups on the street, they should work on a 1300, as far as speed goes.
And I only looked for bias tires, by the way.

Migginsbros

Today we begun to give our SEE some "new" shoes. These are 5 year old tires which were unused only mounted as a spare tire.
Now we try Pirelli Pista PS22 335/80 R20
We´re curious about driving them.tirechange 005.jpgtirechange 003.jpgtirechange 002.jpg

anthkey

Today we begun to give our SEE some "new" shoes. These are 5 year old tires which were unused only mounted as a spare tire.
Now we try Pirelli Pista PS22 335/80 R20
We´re curious about driving them.View attachment 678795View attachment 678796View attachment 678797
My mechanic friend drove my 419 SEE home from when it got delivered to his shop...
He said it road good with the tires on (Pirelli Pista PS22 335/80 R20 )...
I have only drove it in the pasture ....MY MOG.jpg

Migginsbros

The pavement is like concrete and stands anything up to 40t we don`t worry about that.
Of course our front loader lift the front end of our FLU but as you can see in previous postings and video, to reach the needed hight to get the tires free, you need to drive forward over top center of the bucket. That in our opinion is a lot of force to the joints and only nessesary in the field, not if you are in your own yard and use a 5t jack.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pavement is like concrete and stands anything up to 40t we don`t worry about that.
Of course our front loader lift the front end of our FLU but as you can see in previous postings and video, to reach the needed hight to get the tires free, you need to drive forward over top center of the bucket. That in our opinion is a lot of force to the joints and only nessesary in the field, not if you are in your own yard and use a 5t jack.
I agree, especially if reaching the end of the cylinder's travel before coming to a stop. But putting some cribbing under the bucket instead of curling it out is not a big task.
Not that I've tried that yet.
Besides, my SEE's loader won't lift the front anyway (need to modify the regulator setting per Couch's posting), whereas the parts SEE's loader does. On those rare occasions when it runs, that is.
What really helps, though, regardless of method used, is to let nature work for you and extend the backhoe all the way out.
This just made me think of another way to get the front tires off the ground; swing the backhoe (extended) to the side. Without the outrigger for support it'll likely lift a front tire off the ground. Another thing I gotta try at some point.

Migginsbros

I agree, especially if reaching the end of the cylinder's travel before coming to a stop. But putting some cribbing under the bucket instead of curling it out is not a big task.
Not that I've tried that yet.
Besides, my SEE's loader won't lift the front anyway (need to modify the regulator setting per Couch's posting), whereas the parts SEE's loader does. On those rare occasions when it runs, that is.
What really helps, though, regardless of method used, is to let nature work for you and extend the backhoe all the way out.
This just made me think of another way to get the front tires off the ground; swing the backhoe (extended) to the side. Without the outrigger for support it'll likely lift a front tire off the ground. Another thing I gotta try at some point.
Good idea. We will try it.
After we get the front wheels back we got off the rear.
We carry the wheels to a tire shop next corner.tirechange 013.jpgtirechange 016.jpgtirechange 018.jpg Got the rear once off this evenig to bring
them early mornig to the shop. In case of stabilizer failure we secure with the posts.
tirechange 020.jpgtirechange 032.jpgtirechange 023.jpgThis is the main tool but the tire trolley is worth to save your back.

Migginsbros

That's one nice torque-wrench you got there, Migginsbros.

Do you have any source info on that one (like who's the manufacturer, or where you can buy them)?
It´s a HOLEX torque wrench, Hoffman Quality Tools USA, TennesSEE !
We purchased this one for torque the 2 main bolts from the front loader with a little bit over 1000 Nm.SEE Front Loader.jpg

Last edited:

Migginsbros

Only $10, that's it?! That price is right.

Over here we call using a service like that a "no-brainer" (like it's so obvious because the price is so good that you just do it).
Remember #1980 posted from FLU farm ".............. smacking myself hard with a tire iron (very close to my eye) this afternoon."

Last edited:

Migginsbros

No rear wheels today, but we don´t hustle him. tirechange 041.jpg If you wonder about the ugly rear lights,
we had install them for street legal use. The original lights are behind the protective grid. Easy to switch back.
tirechange 040.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks