• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

DueceriderA2

Anyone have a suggestion about a hand throttle that moves an entire 180 degrees and fails to keep a constant throttle level? I have applied penetrating oil and it has started to get better. I have looked at the schematics and am Trying to figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Anyone have a suggestion about a hand throttle that moves an entire 180 degrees and fails to keep a constant throttle level? I have applied penetrating oil and it has started to get better. I have looked at the schematics and am Trying to figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Keep pumping the cable on both ends with penetrating oil.
It will eventually improve.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate to resurrect a old posting. I am cleaning out a old saw dealer in Va. I have 3 bars I can't identify but when I google them it links back to this forum thread.
160atsa195 is the bar part number oregon is the mfg.
Anyone still looking for some? I have 3 I'd love to move.
It looks like they may fit the old military hydraulic saws
I was looking for one a while back and gave up. Oregon no longer manufactures the 160ATSA195. I ended up purchasing an Oregon 160PXDK095, which is a commercial replacement for the 160ATSA195. You should place an ad in the Parts For Sale forum. I would also place an ad on Ebay. How much as you asking for the bars?

DueceriderA2

Keep pumping the cable on both ends with penetrating oil.
It will eventually improve.
Thank you! It seems to be working better and I tried some Kroil which really seems to make a difference. Thanks for the help! Got the rear switches working on the hoe which is a HUGE help! Also found that the hour meter is 44, white four and a red four so I was very pleased to have found that! May have smoked one of the hydraulic cooling fans that apparently was sized up. Hoping it will come back to life. Such a cool rig and really interesting to work-on! Everyone here is super helpful and I am hoping to return the favors at some point!

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I fired up the former Summer SEE, now the main one, to install tire chains while it's still nice out.

It just made me very happy to hear it purr. Three of the four cylinders on the backhoe were replaced when I got it, and almost all the hoses. Actually, almost everything on it was it great shape when I got it, but it sure didn't (and doesn't) look nice. It didn't come with any tools, but did have a ripper.

Yeah, getting the fuel system straightened out was a bit of a chore with this one as the inside of the tank looked like the bottom half had bed liner applied (it was bacteria). And there were other odds and end that needed to be fixed, but still.

This thing was bought to be a parts car, but turned out to be more mechanically sound that the Winter SEE it was meant to provide parts for.
Best of all, the $5,000 price. No wonder I like it so much.DSCN4629[1].JPGDSCN4630[1].JPG

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That thing would look almost new with a little paint. What does the interior look like? Mechanicals are the most important. If it runs great, that's 95%.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like they got done with the rehab, but never got to the paint part. Which is fine with me. It came with a surface rusted hood (no paint whatsoever) but I saved that one for an HMMH. The 'glass hood is plenty good for this FLU, and I must've had more green than tan when painting it.
Which is probably why the wheels are green, too.

There's a small rip in one seat, otherwise the interior is also good. And what I really like about it is that the backhoe is tighter than on the Winter SEE, and the loader is much stronger.

DueceriderA2

Today I fired up the former Summer SEE, now the main one, to install tire chains while it's still nice out.

It just made me very happy to hear it purr. Three of the four cylinders on the backhoe were replaced when I got it, and almost all the hoses. Actually, almost everything on it was it great shape when I got it, but it sure didn't (and doesn't) look nice. It didn't come with any tools, but did have a ripper.

Yeah, getting the fuel system straightened out was a bit of a chore with this one as the inside of the tank looked like the bottom half had bed liner applied (it was bacteria). And there were other odds and end that needed to be fixed, but still.

This thing was bought to be a parts car, but turned out to be more mechanically sound that the Winter SEE it was meant to provide parts for.
Best of all, the $5,000 price. No wonder I like it so much.View attachment 884157View attachment 884158
That is awesome! Did you fab the skid steer quick attach? I was seriously interested in doing that on mine. Nice collection!

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is awesome! Did you fab the skid steer quick attach? I was seriously interested in doing that on mine. Nice collection!
Thanks, Duecerider.

No, the quick tach setup was bought from palletforks.com, then just modified a bit to fit the loader. It was primarily installed to be able to run the snow blower, but is obviously useful for all kinds of attachments.

brandan34

Brandan Topham in Sprague River Oregon, 205-8837 Where on the frame do I go for that number? I got a FLU that was little better than for parts and I am working on getting it going. While I knew it was in bad shape I did not expect major engine or trany problems. I am currently going through both as they have problems. It has been a fun project so far.

Area code is five for one

4a5b5ef2-098e-4423-af64-4cb941f7b165.jpg

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brandan Topham in Sprague River Oregon, Where on the frame do I go for that number? I got a FLU that was little better than for parts and I am working on getting it going. While I knew it was in bad shape I did not expect major engine or trany problems. I am currently going through both as they have problems. It has been a fun project so far.
What number are you looking for on the frame?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks