• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

General Hood

I never did get any paperwork with mine, which might be what has saved me from all the electrical work you guys have to deal with.
Mine is not ratified.
I don't have a crystal ball, but I believe these SEEs were in much better shape when they arrived in Texarkana, where they set in a field until mother earth nearly reclaimed them. I made a few pick ups at the facility and some of those SEEs look like they were pulled out of Jack and the Beanstalks back forty . It's a shame, because they probably would have fetched a better price in the pre rat & vine days.

No work on the SEE for me today :cry:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WHERE is the turn signal flasher unit and the turn signal control box or what ever it is called, dealing with getting power to the turn signal switch now.

Did nothing on the POS, had other things that I had to do, tomorrow back to the rat dinner wars.

Last edited:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WHERE is the turn signal flasher unit and the turn signal control box or what ever it is called, dealing with getting power to the turn signal switch now.
I put it on the list for tomorrow to listen for it. If the turn signals work (not sure that I ever tried them) and it's a normal flasher, I should be able to hear where it is.
Hopefully it's not under the hood.

I'd like to keep my antifreeze at the upper limits because it's more capable in my opinion, operating in a broader range of temperatures. Probably never benefit me, but when you need it and don't have it, you're singin' a different tune. Since I put Lucas motor oil in the soul of the beast, it runs MUCH cooler, so the reduced thermal capacity of the antifreeze isn't an issue for me at all, and I don't know if it would have been before then.

On a side note, my blinkers work, but the indicators on the instrument panel do not. Supposing I missed a wire somewhere, or something wiggled loose. I'm prone not to care, however. If I stumble across the issue, great. If not, even better. I'm ready to play with it already!

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to keep my antifreeze at the upper limits because it's more capable in my opinion, operating in a broader range of temperatures. Probably never benefit me, but when you need it and don't have it, you're singin' a different tune.
True, one never knows when a simple navigational mistake could make us end up in Siberia with the SEE. Then being safe at down to -62 degrees could be a good thing.
Since I've lost my passport I couldn't go there anyway, so a mere 30 to 40 percent works fine for me with temps rarely going below minus 20 here.

Another Ahab

True, one never knows when a simple navigational mistake could make us end up in Siberia with the SEE. Then being safe at down to -62 degrees could be a good thing.
Since I've lost my passport I couldn't go there anyway, so a mere 30 to 40 percent works fine for me with temps rarely going below minus 20 here.
Then, too, a comet could hit us and throw us into a nuclear winter:
- You got to be ready. That'll mean headlights, too. :jumpin::mrgreen:

Last edited:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then, too, a comet could hit us and throw us into a nuclear winter:
- You got to be ready. :jumpin:
Good point, Ahab. But I do have several gallons of anti freeze I could add should that happen.
Realistically, though, there would be other things I'd be more concerned with than being able to clean out the irrigation ditches.
It would definitely give me more incentive to get the hydraulic snow blower hooked up and working on the SEE, or something that could power it. A much better heater would also be high on the list.
Then again, maybe global warming would counteract the comet and I could keep cleaning ditches as usual.

Edit: Trying to picture the ice age like scenario with a SEE, a few other issues came to mind.
How to keep the fuel flowing at temperatures that would require 60 percent anti freeze, for example. The tank and fuel system would have to be heated somehow.
Also, for the engine to start in the first place, it would probably need to be warmed up to at least -30 degrees before it would fire. My SEE gets a bit cranky when it goes below -15, but that's partially due to the cut-off switch.
Doubling up on battery power would surely help, as would using AGM batteries, which won't freeze like wet ones.
The more I think about it, the more I hope your comet won't happen, Ahab.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Page 3-166 of the -20 is a schematic of the hazard warning lights system, now this makes all 4 corners and the dash lights flash, now looking at this IMPORTANT find, I saw that the brake lights go though relay H and then then what is called the "HAZARD WARNING SWITCH" now the thought is since the the hazard warning lights aka turn signals are flashing due to the HWS, the the HWS MUST be the turn signal flash control, da. NOW look on page 3-111 of the -20 at the schematic for trouble shooting the right turn signal not working, please tell me WHERE the HWS is, because I am so old that me eyes must have missed it on the VERY busy schematic.

The above just reinforces my very INTENSE feelings about this truck, it is a MAJOR POS and a insult to trucks being called a "truck", I have more names for it but the KGR will not allow it. Now going out to find and lay eyes on the HWS, then from there ???, the quest continues.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron, the blinker sound is coming from the area between the heater and the steering column, probably higher up under the dash. Hope that helps.
As far as the SEE being an insult to trucks goes, I'm not so sure. Trucks, by definition, have a cargo area which you put things on. No such thing on my SEEs or the HMMH, so to me they're not trucks.

General Hood

Page 3-166 of the -20 is a schematic of the hazard warning lights system, now this makes all 4 corners and the dash lights flash, now looking at this IMPORTANT find, I saw that the brake lights go though relay H and then then what is called the "HAZARD WARNING SWITCH" now the thought is since the the hazard warning lights aka turn signals are flashing due to the HWS, the the HWS MUST be the turn signal flash control, da. NOW look on page 3-111 of the -20 at the schematic for trouble shooting the right turn signal not working, please tell me WHERE the HWS is, because I am so old that me eyes must have missed it on the VERY busy schematic.

The above just reinforces my very INTENSE feelings about this truck, it is a MAJOR POS and a insult to trucks being called a "truck", I have more names for it but the KGR will not allow it. Now going out to find and lay eyes on the HWS, then from there ???, the quest continues.
I'm hobbled up with a foot injury, but after reading the perseverance of my SEE comrades, I decided to finish up the paint job. SEE cab is now painted. I now have the best looking SEE in Fort Towson, oh wait, I have the only SEEs in Ft Towson.
IMG_20160901_121743551.jpg

Another Ahab

That SEE is a beauty, General Hood; nice! Did you add the spotlight?
And sorry to hear about your foot. Hoping that you're "toe"tally healed up real soon. :beer:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That SEE is a beauty, General Hood; nice! Did you add the spotlight?
Ahab, those are factory work lights, which I replaced with dirt cheap LED 60-degree work lights, front and rear.
Unlike Mr. Hood, I thought it was better to see good than to look good. And the installation was pain(t)less.DSCN1242[1].jpgDSCN1243[1].jpg

On the SEE the protective...um, hood, was left off, which helped quite a bit with visibility in general.

General Hood

Ahab, those are factory work lights, which I replaced with dirt cheap LED 60-degree work lights, front and rear.
Unlike Mr. Hood, I thought it was better to see good than to look good. And the installation was pain(t)less.View attachment 641647View attachment 641648

On the SEE the protective...um, hood, was left off, which helped quite a bit with visibility in general.
Very nice. The switch from headlight to work light is under the hood on both my SEEs. I plan to reconfigure wiring and relocate switch to inside the cab. Page 46 on my to do list

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice. The switch from headlight to work light is under the hood on both my SEEs. I plan to reconfigure wiring and relocate switch to inside the cab. Page 46 on my to do list
Funny you should mention that. Early on I also thought about moving the switch, and yesterday, when looking at the headlights, I realized that there's no reason to ever use them.
With the loader in less than way-up position, you can barely see the headlights. Something tells me that the usable light output is affected accordingly.
Once I think of something interesting to put in their place, those headlights are gone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks