• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those wood gas engines have some fundamental limitations, if there is no alternative fuel and people are willing to maintain them they can be made to work but the devil is in the details.
I can only imagine how much fun it must've been to get those cars and trucks up and running in the morning, in the dead of winter. But, with no other fuel available during the war, they did what they had to do.
Much like breakfast being made on a wood stove, not in a microwave.

FOD

Has anyone had issues with the group shift lever not staying in reverse (i.e. having to hold it in R) or any other selection? I recall reading about several folks having issues with shifter bushing failures, I'm wonder if this could be the issue. I'm planning to go take a look tomorrow but figured I'd ask the group in case there may be other simple possibilities.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You two have imbibed too deeply of the Kool-Aid, and have too much land on which to park stuff!!!邏
That could well be, but I am lazy and can be impatient. Which is why having parts cars is so appealing to me.
Need a fastener, bracket, relay, hose, linkage, water pump, spring, steering box, lever, or grommet? Simply go to the parts car and remove it - if it's still there and functional.
Yes, I obviously have parts in boxes, on the shelves. But until things get organized and I can actually find those parts, they may as well not exist.
Besides, I don't allow rodents in the garage, and it's less of an issue if they get to munch on parts cars outside.

About the only downside I can think of is that I pity the poor person(s) who get to clean up after me once I finally kill myself doing something stupid with a vehicle.

burquedoka

Hi guys, I'm working on getting my HMMH moved from SLC to Albuquerque. Can anyone confirm the curb weigh of this thing? Is 16,000 pounds accurate? Many thanks. -James

burquedoka

Actual is slightly less but 16,000 is pretty close.
Ecellent, thank you. I have been looking for good deals on U-Ship and thought I had a guy, but his driver showed up for the pick up and threw a **** fit stating I misrepresented the vehicles size a weigh, BS. He shows up with an insufficient sized vehicle, that's not my F' ing problem. I'm going to go ahead and use the dude that FLU-Farm used for a couple more hundred dollars, and know it's going to be taken care of. I should see her here Monday or Tuesday.

Mark1954

That could well be, but I am lazy and can be impatient. Which is why having parts cars is so appealing to me.
Need a fastener, bracket, relay, hose, linkage, water pump, spring, steering box, lever, or grommet? Simply go to the parts car and remove it - if it's still there and functional.
Yes, I obviously have parts in boxes, on the shelves. But until things get organized and I can actually find those parts, they may as well not exist.
Besides, I don't allow rodents in the garage, and it's less of an issue if they get to munch on parts cars outside.

About the only downside I can think of is that I pity the poor person(s) who get to clean up after me once I finally kill myself doing something stupid with a vehicle.
Those vehicles looked like they could easily have had bodies under them. In Louisiana back down in the bayou,.. Hoffa??

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to go ahead and use the dude that FLU-Farm used for a couple more hundred dollars, and know it's going to be taken care of. I should see her here Monday or Tuesday.
Not if I intercept Cody and outbid you, you won't. Or, if he has breakfast at the same place as last time, he may come back out to an empty trailer.
It's tempting, either way.

MSMOG

Thank you to Simp5782 for dropping off some tires today! He told me about recently moving a SEE truck out of Texarkana that had more attachments than he had ever seen. Total shipping weight was 22,000 pounds. He mentioned a fork attachment for the bucket, a grapple attachment, and even the auger attachment!
image.jpg

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There might be two warning buzzers one for low air pressure but there is also a system described on 3-215 titled
71. LOW OIL PRESSURE AND HIGH WATER TEMPERATURE ALARM WILL NOT SOUND WITH
PRESS-TO-TEST SWITCH DEPRESSED.

This is supposed to be audible from the backhoe seat so it must be really loud. My press to test switch doesn't work. I am not worried about loss of air pressure from the backhoe seat as the throttle lock stops working as air pressure drops (sorry for the bold text, the text editor will not let me turn it off
Came across this post during my re-read last night, and had a thought (yes, it does happen).
Suppose that this second buzzer is combined with the back-up alarm. If so it should be audible while working the backhoe.
Whether this is indeed the case or not, I'll leave up to those of you who seem to have embraced the full-time hobby of reading schematics, splicing wires, etc. to find out.

If it turns out that the back-up alarm serves a function (alerting the operator of temp and/or pressure problems) I won't cut the wire to it like I had planned.
Instead, I'll make sure it has no way of knowing when the trans is in Reverse.
Yes, I know that with all the light switches in the correct position (off) it's quiet, but every now and then I fiddle with the switches and get rudely reminded when selecting Reverse.

And yes, I'm allergic to needless beeping such as back-up alarms and cars honking when the owners activate their alarms.
Heck, I don't even understand why modern car stereos have visual indicators for the volume level. Are we supposed to see, rather than hear, what level of sound we want?!?

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you to Simp5782 for dropping off some tires today! He told me about recently moving a SEE truck out of Texarkana that had more attachments than he had ever seen. Total shipping weight was 22,000 pounds. He mentioned a fork attachment for the bucket, a grapple attachment, and even the auger attachment!
View attachment 652711
Well, that explains the bent ramps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks