• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
General Hood, there is another option for driving posts with your SEE. Push them down with the bucket.
Although I fully understand why you don't like that method...it does scratch the paint on the bottom of the bucket.

ok... need some serious help.....
spent 1 hr chasing the air lines on my 419 unimog... cause the 4x4 was not working...
this is what I found... now either the manual is completely wrong,
or someone seriously was smoking crack when they replaced the regulator...
as ya can see the reg was changed out, (different color .. and bolts different color)...
now the air lines are different sizes, but in the manual, there the same..
and back differential air lines are marked in white marker "vent"...
leads me to believe they too were switched out.....HELP...
sooo whats is View attachment 676137View attachment 676136correct ..??? the manual... or the way it's hooked up now???
Did you get it figured out?? FWIW, I would go with what's in the manual. Assuming the paper one you are using contains all of the changes, it should be correct. I would think (hope?) that over the course of the 20 years these trucks were in service, a mistake that big in the manual would have been caught and corrected.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, there are 3 FLU419's (that are salvage parts only) that are up for auction near me in Pineville, LA at the beginning of May. They look like Godzilla chewed on them and spit them out. I guess if you needed parts, these might be for you. The three at the very bottom of this link: http://www.govliquidation.com/events?cmd=details&event=40713 and it looks like 3 more for sale in Guam, in much better shape, but someone would have to go get them, http://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/search.ips?sm=0&m=Freightliner&md=FLU419

Last edited:

General Hood

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, there are 3 FLU419's (that are salvage parts only) that are up for auction near me in Pineville, LA at the beginning of May. They look like Godzilla chewed on them and spit them out. I guess if you needed parts, these might be for you. The three at the very bottom of this link: http://www.govliquidation.com/events?cmd=details&event=40713 and it looks like 3 more for sale in Guam, in much better shape, but someone would have to go get them, http://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/search.ips?sm=0&m=Freightliner&md=FLU419
As an FYI, this is in the forum rules, even though I like hearing about stuff like this

Auction Postings:
Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
• Do not post links to auction photos.
• Do not post links to GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA(or other sites)that have links that quit working after a short period of time. Save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about your vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.

I do not wish to offend anyone as I am an admin for a very large forum myself, I should have known better. This is forum is running on phpBB or vBulletin or something similar is it not? Where is the option to delete my own post? I can't find it so please move the topic to the Classifieds thread. Or just delete it. My apologies again.

General Hood

I do not wish to offend anyone as I am an admin for a very large forum myself, I should have known better. This is forum is running on phpBB or vBulletin or something similar is it not? Where is the option to delete my own post? I can't find it so please move the topic to the Classifieds thread. Or just delete it. My apologies again.
I can't be offended, just ask Flu Farm :grin: . Personally, I like hearing about stuff coming up for auction that I might have overlooked or missed. I'm not an admin, just a guy that enjoys the forum, and glad to have you as part of the group

peakbagger

I think we are all tempted on occasion to share the good news about auctions but the rules are the rules. On rare occasions there has been an after the bid has closed post to discuss the outcome which is allowed. I remember one such post after the "unicorn" of 419s, the trencher, showed up on Ebay. It didn't sell but I expect a lot of folks wanted to know the rest of the story.

I haven't seen an option to delete a post but you can always edit the prior post. I would leave the original text and add an explanation similar to General Hood did. Might save someone else from doing it.

Incidentally, someone who is far more knowledgeable on 419s (and who maintains a serial number listing)speculated that from the markings on the trencher that was for sale that it may have been one of the prototypes reassigned to another government agency.

Last edited:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...there are 3 FLU419's (that are salvage parts only) ... near me in Pineville, LA. They look like Godzilla chewed on them and spit them out.
It wasn't Godzilla, but when GP gets a new forklift driver they usually let them practice on SEEs. Eventually they get really good at operating the forklift, which is why we see such gingerly treated SEEs offered for sale.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks