• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

Foxyjosh

Mog would not shift.
Missing gaskets and liquid gasket was used instead.
leaks in drive shaft seals.
Loose washers because too long of bolt was used.
Sheet of paper inside cab that was once taped to window stating "Unit does not move"

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mog would not shift.
Missing gaskets and liquid gasket was used instead.
leaks in drive shaft seals.
Loose washers because too long of bolt was used.
Sheet of paper inside cab that was once taped to window stating "Unit does not move"
Okay, that rings a bell. Since you're this deep into it, why wouldn't you go through the trans?

Foxyjosh

That's what I'm thinking. I'll be happy if I find something wrong with it. and I'll be ecstatic if the only thing wrong is the forks popping off the shifting gears and I need to replace the seals. Either way, it will be fixed correctly.

LZahariev

Hi, purchased a SEE 30 days ago. I have gone through and fixed most of the issues. One of the last things is the driver's side rear tail light is not working. Changed the bulbs. I noticed the small yellow bulb symbol is illuminated on the tail light. What does this mean?

Thank you in advance.

Another Ahab

Hi, purchased a SEE 30 days ago. I have gone through and fixed most of the issues. One of the last things is the driver's side rear tail light is not working. Changed the bulbs. I noticed the small yellow bulb symbol is illuminated on the tail light. What does this mean?

Congratulations. I see that was your first post here. Is it your first MV?
Here's a welcome also, for the record, from here in Virginia. :beer:

LZahariev

Thanks Ahab, I have owned military motorcycles in the past but never trucks. I admired these vehicles for a while as my job has me traveling to many army/navy bases though out the nation. I finally had a reason to buy one being that I am starting a new home project. I was always afraid to buy one with serious problems. Thankfully I purchase one that is in good shape and looks to be maintained. Only time will tell.IMG_20170429_121147308_HDR.jpg

General Hood

Thanks Ahab, I have owned military motorcycles in the past but never trucks. I admired these vehicles for a while as my job has me traveling to many army/navy bases though out the nation. I finally had a reason to buy one being that I am starting a new home project. I was always afraid to buy one with serious problems. Thankfully I purchase one that is in good shape and looks to be maintained. Only time will tell.View attachment 681738
The paint detail on the door is a nice touch. Welcome to the forum

rtrask

Thank you in advance.
Welcome to SteelSoldiers. You are way ahead of me. I will be taking delivery of mine sometime next week.

Yours looks really nice. Mine is running, but if it takes me less than a year to get all it's issues sorted out I will be pleased.

The people on this forum have been very helpful and there are years of insight into keeping the FLU 419 in working order. I am still working my way through this thread on the forum, and as others have said, I think it will take more than one read through.

I'll be interested in your experiences as you put yours to work. Good luck.

LZahariev

Thanks Rtrask, good luck with yours. Post some pictures when you receive it. I fixed quite a few electrical and hydralic issues with mine. Post any issues you have and I will do my best to help out.

rtrask

GP has released the my FLU419 to be shipped. I was out of town at the time I won the auction, and that meant I had only 1 day to wire the payment without paying a late payment penalty. I went to the bank Monday and told them it had to go out on Monday, and was told there was no problem. Sure enough the branch manager did not sign and it did not go out. I was not a happy camper on Tuesday. It is all better today, there was no penalty.

I talked to the shipping company today, and the guy said that he called the yard manager, but he evidently has gotten a jump on the long weekend. so it will be Tuesday before the Yard manager is available and maybe Friday of next week before it is here. Which, I am in no big rush as long as they get it picked up before it starts incurring storage fees.

The shipping guy asked me if it was moving under it's own power, and I did not really know how to answer. The description said that it ran and that the transmission was operational so I think it must be. I would rather not have to pay for a tow truck if I can avoid it. What do you think?

Another opinion I would like from you all is should I drop the front bucket off prior to parking it? I think front bucket will just get in the way until I can work through all the maintenance / repair work I expect to have to do initially. Are there any cons to removing it?

Another Ahab

The shipping guy asked me if it was moving under it's own power, and I did not really know how to answer. The description said that it ran and that the transmission was operational so I think it must be. I would rather not have to pay for a tow truck if I can avoid it. What do you think?
Unless it's shipping on a lowboy, I suspect that the shipper will put it on a tilt-bed of some kind (which generally all have a winch on the bed).

I'd talk to the shipper but it might not make any difference to them (as long as they know the probability ahead of time). It's worth the call to find out.

LZahariev

The front bucket does not get in the way much. You can remove the front hood with it on. I would not remove it unless there is a reason later on. Like Ahab said, I would confirm with the shipper that he will have a winch in case it does not start or move.

General Hood

GP has released the my FLU419 to be shipped. I was out of town at the time I won the auction, and that meant I had only 1 day to wire the payment without paying a late payment penalty. I went to the bank Monday and told them it had to go out on Monday, and was told there was no problem. Sure enough the branch manager did not sign and it did not go out. I was not a happy camper on Tuesday. It is all better today, there was no penalty.

I talked to the shipping company today, and the guy said that he called the yard manager, but he evidently has gotten a jump on the long weekend. so it will be Tuesday before the Yard manager is available and maybe Friday of next week before it is here. Which, I am in no big rush as long as they get it picked up before it starts incurring storage fees.

Another opinion I would like from you all is should I drop the front bucket off prior to parking it? I think front bucket will just get in the way until I can work through all the maintenance / repair work I expect to have to do initially. Are there any cons to removing it?
Which GP location is your SEE located?

LZahariev

Joeblow, that looks nice. Perfect for fence posts. Can you share some details on the attachment model and what modification was done to make it fit. I could use the same setup...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks