• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You must not have priced that silicone shifter boot cover....
No, that I have not. I figured that if the hole starts bugging me, I'll either put a larger diameter boot on the shifter, or make a cover plate of some sort.
And I'm still in denial over having actually seen a non-eaten, non-ripped seal for the loader levers.

But now you got me thinking. Since the paint is so nice, maybe I should make a new cover? Not from silicone or some other blah material, but crocodile skin or ostrich.
That should make even General Hood envious.

General Hood

Okay, okay, I'll stop whining about it being hot here. That it didn't get into the 40s last night was bad, I thought.

By the way, at this point my girlfriend has walked by the "new" SEE at least six times...within two feet of it. It's not exactly hidden, but parked parallel with the driveway. Plus, it's camo, the other two are tan.
That's an incredible amount of spatial unawareness, I think. And in some cases it does work to my advantage.
She's probably afraid to say anything, thinking you would say you have 3 more on the way

General Hood

No, that I have not. I figured that if the hole starts bugging me, I'll either put a larger diameter boot on the shifter, or make a cover plate of some sort.
And I'm still in denial over having actually seen a non-eaten, non-ripped seal for the loader levers.

But now you got me thinking. Since the paint is so nice, maybe I should make a new cover? Not from silicone or some other blah material, but crocodile skin or ostrich.
That should make even General Hood envious.
They do make them
IMG_20110226_095626.jpg

General Hood

She did buy me a T-shirt that reads "Only one more, I promise" on the front, crossed fingers on the back. But that was a while back.
I think that hiding it in plain sight worked.View attachment 686049

Heading to the OK City GL warehouse today to pick up those NOS SEE toolboxes, and a trailer load of other stuff I bought but don't need

You have quite a motorpool going. You may need to post this sign at your yard entrance
thBF3BNUB9.jpg

rtrask

Heading to the OK City GL warehouse today to pick up those NOS SEE toolboxes, and a trailer load of other stuff I bought but don't need

You have quite a motorpool going. You may need to post this sign at your yard entrance
View attachment 686062
I want a sign like that. - I second FLU Farm's need for such a sign. It could prevent his SO from ever detecting new purchases.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, I forgot about those. But now that I have a SEE with a tweaked rear toolbox...
Guess that means that the M1008 gets the old one, not a new one.
Either way, I'm looking forward to the delivery in person. You may not need a trailer to bring it all (starters, tool boxes, plus whatever I forgot) but bring one anyway. I may succeed in selling you enough stuff to make it worthwhile. There's quite a bit of paint, for example, and a fair amount of wax that I'll never use.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want a sign like that. - I second FLU Farm's need for such a sign. It could prevent his SO from ever detecting new purchases.
Ron, we don't know about your SEE yet, but General Hood is definitely in a glass house situation here, calling my fine collection "debris".
At the very least it should be "mostly functional debris".

rtrask

Ron, we don't know about your SEE yet, but General Hood is definitely in a glass house situation here, calling my fine collection "debris".
At the very least it should be "mostly functional debris".
One man's debris is another man's darling.

I will not have long to wait now, the dirver said he would be here in an hour.

General Hood

The sign references whatever that volatile mixture is they put in the SEE fuel tanks before putting them on the auction block

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The sign references whatever that volatile mixture is they put in the SEE fuel tanks before putting them on the auction block
Dear General, I don't think you give them enough credit by merely calling that mix volatile.
It appears to be a finely brewed concoction of things. Including, but not limited to, fungus, bacteria, water, something that promotes rust, stinky additives, and some sort of a flammable liquid.
It also seems to have properties that allows it to migrate deeper into a fuel system than regular fuel.

Perhaps it is a secret blend invented to leave behind in enemy territory, in hopes that those bastards put it in their tanks? An enemy immobilizer, in other words.

rtrask

I opened the access panel, and had been hitting the starter itself with a ball peen hammer. I will try hitting the solenoid a few times to see if that works, then pull the starter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks