• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the promised video of the 419. Don't be too harsh on me, I'm still learning the ropes... but here she is. Enjoy! And let me know if you notice anything that needs attention.
Very nice!

I would just lower the rpms, a lot, especially when latching the backhoe. If you do it at 800-1,000 rpm it'll be much less violent.

Another Ahab

The only complaint I have so far, other than the RPM switch not working, is that I'm 6'4" so the cab is a bit of a tight squeeze... but I'm used to that - this world is not built to spec for me usually.
Funny timing (about the "tight squeeze" issue):

- Ordered a shirt on sale ($25 instead of $75 woohoo!) from Beretta in Italy, and the international sizing is a hoot

- Americans come Big apparently (another doughnut?!)

- What is XL everywhere else in Europe is just a Large in the USA

Check out the fine print...

Attachments

MogPoggers

Does anyone have specific recommendations for fluids? portal, differential, brake, clutch, tranny, engine, hydraulic, cylilinder dry lube, etc? I know the information is already out there, but some of it is conflicting. Just want to make sure I'm treating the machine right from the perspective of other people who actually own one.

Right this second I'm specifically interested in the portal gears. Is there a reason I should use a thicker gear oil vs. something lighter?

I figure it's about time to actually go through this thing top to bottom and make sure it's all squared away.

Last edited:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm still running SAE10 non-detergent motor oil in the hydraulics and haven't had a problem.
I might have stuck with 10 weight oil, too, had it been readily available and affordable.

Also, it just made sense to me to use hydraulic fluid in the hydraulic systems, especially since I don't need to standardize things to the extent the military does.

Another Ahab

Hey, I just thought I'd share that our offer on the Jamestown property was accepted. We'll be closing in 30 days or so, and moving out there after the school year ends (don't want to uproot the kids in the middle of the year).

So... yay, things are moving forward slowly but surely.
Glad to hear the good news for you, MogPoggers.

Cheers, Brother!!!

MogPoggers

So I already had the jackhammer with all attachments. I just ordered the 1/2" and 1" Impact wrenches. Now I'm keeping an eye out for the chainsaw, hammerdrill and auger. The chainsaw will be easy, but if anyone knows where I can pick up a hammerdrill that doesn't cost freaking 3 grand, that would be great. I'm in no particular rush to get it - just want to eventually have the whole collection.

I'm especially in no rush because I just tested the tool circuit and couldn't get it to work. From previous comments here, It's probably related to the same electrical issue currently plaguing my fast idle switch. I'll go out there and start digging into that problem in the next few days.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was really lucky in that my FLU came with all of the hydraulic tools and the hydraulic system worked perfectly. I bought my FLU sight-unseen based on extensive photos. I was told that there were no hydraulic tools included. When I received it I found all of the tools and accessories were there. I really like the hydraulic chainsaw. It really cuts wood fast, is lightweight, and no fuel or chain oil required. The only downside is that you have to bring the FLU along. I haven't used the drill yet, but I have used the jack hammer extensively, but that thing is a beast to use! The drill was actually brand new and still painted orange.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks