• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fluids change

FLINT

Hey guys, couple more quick questions.

for the oil pan, the TM says those with a ridged lip will have a gasket and those with a flat lip will have RTV sealant.

So, does the m1028 have a ridged lip or flat lip?

similar question -

with the front and rear axle. do the differential covers require a gasket or RTV sealant?

final question - is there a specific RTV sealant that is recommended for these purposes. I thought this was straightforward until I went to autozone and they had about 4 or 5 different types/colors of RTV sealant!!!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Iceman3005

I use the black rtv. the front/rear diffs can use a gasket or rtv which ever you prefer. all oil pans use a gasket and rtv.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks