• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flush brake lines or replace them?

majorhavoc67

Haven't received my truck yet, but from the pictures it may need more than a little brake work. The photo shows the top off the reservoir and everything completely dry. I can only imagine the kind of crap that may have gotten into the lines and who knows what else. Can the brake lines be flushed or is it better to just replace them? I'm sure there will be other extensive cleaning and or replacing in the brake system if necessary.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Haven't received my truck yet, but from the pictures it may need more than a little brake work. The photo shows the top off the reservoir and everything completely dry. I can only imagine the kind of crap that may have gotten into the lines and who knows what else. Can the brake lines be flushed or is it better to just replace them? I'm sure there will be other extensive cleaning and or replacing in the brake system if necessary.
I think you could flush them out without a lot of trouble. Especially if you build yourself a "power bleeder". There would be a minor issue if there is a lot of sand or dirt inside the brake reservoir - but maybe you could replace the master cylinder only rather than all the brake lines AND the "MC".

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
This is the short version of how you make your own bleeder for brake systems.

Adrok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clean it out. If you have any major suspicion, there are brake line detergents.
Blow out the lines, flush with detergent ( i flush until I run out of detergent ). Blow out again, then power bleed.

Good luck. Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks