• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flushing power steering?

Tanaga

I just bought a M1028 about a month ago. Noticed fluid leaking out of the power steering pump lid. Took the lid off and someone filled it completely full. I sucked about a pint of fluid out to where it should be. The fluid was brown and thick. I'm worried that someone might have put a little motor oil in there so I would like to flush this all out and put new power steering fluid in. Has anyone done this that could tell me the best and easiest way to go about this?

Thanks

Tanaga

I found some videos on YouTube that showed how to do flush the PS system. Looking at the Lubrication Order I see that it calls for Dexron II Power Steering Fluid and has the same National Stock Number as the Dexron II Transmission Fluid. So I just want to double check, Dexon II PS fluid and Dexron II transmission fluid are the same exact thing right? I've always used power steering fluid so putting transmission fluid into the PS is new to me.

Jeepsinker

You can use just about any oil in the power steering honestly. Sometimes, unscrupulous sellers will put thicker oil like gear oil in them to quiet a noisy pump.

It also may have Lucas power steering additive in it, which isn't a bad thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks