• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flying Old Glory Proudly on 9-11

ABN173

Guys, on a separate note, don't forget to put your flag up for 9-11 in honor of those we lost-I have made a personal promise to always fly Old Glory as a reminder of who we are, of who we have been and more importantly those that made us so.

Pride in our Country is something we usually carry within, flying our flag is like shouting off our rooftops what our priorities are. I think it is time that kindred souls be identified as such.

BTW... lets use American Made flags, please.
Well said!

Attachments

markmontana

Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
(last verse from 'The Star Spangled Banner')

Our family will NEVER forget 9/11.

Attachments

Last edited:

Stan Leschert

As some of you know, I am the Sgt at Arms of the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 118, North Vancouver, B.C. Canada.

Today we are having a Candle Light Ceremony for our fallen veterans. 9-11 will be part of the program.

On behalf of our branch president, Marcell Duhamel, and all of our members, I have been asked to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

We do remember.

Here is a pic of the M135 as it will appear at the event. The flag can't be in the correct place, as there are many low trees at the cemetary.

Cheers guys, We WILL hoist a pint in your honor!

Attachments

WOLFMAN1

i fly my 50 star us flag and the 13 star rebel flag cause it is still part of our u.s. history even if it came from another war. fly them high and remember all, and pity our enemies for the as2 whooping they are about to recieve, amen.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Colors were posted proudly and solemnly at precisely 5:46AM PDT (8:46AM EDT [read American Airlines Flight 11]) this morning. I promptly snapped a salute which I held in silence until 5:47AM and slowly went to order-arms.

Funny, didn't see any of my neighbors out there:roll:. Hmmm:?::?::?:

scootertrs

Guys, I actually had a neighbor comment that the flying of the flag on this commemorative day was inflammatory to some people. That some members of the sub-division felt discriminated against by its presense. My reply was... If flying our flag is inflamatory to someone in their group, then they shoulde feel free to look the other way... I as well as my family owe this country (our country) a tremendous debt of gratitude which is unpayable. I revere this country and would lay my life for it. We are a sleeping giant, but we have arisen. Sometimes it is difficult to understand how important honor and respect is for a symbol. Thank you all for participating. God Bless America.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

Stan Leschert

Some pics. The main theme was the 65th anniversary of the end of WWII, but I can assure you, that our master of ceremonies (a 20 year RCMP corporal) paid more than due tribute to our fallen friends in 9-11.

I think that I have said enough. Please accept my salute, and give me a few moments of silence, to collect my thoughts.

Take care, my friends, and cousins!

Attachments

scootertrs

Know what 73?... A friend of mine always said.... It ain't bragging ... if you can do it!!!

Good looking display of our flag... you read my mind... errr ... yeah... that's the ticket... (except the part where I don't have a cool as heck extendable hoist on a kick butt truck:beer:) Times like these make me want to shout about it from the rooftops. You did one better! Thank you.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are pictures of mine and Pawnshop's M1009s at the Texas Transportation Museum event in San Antonio yesterday.

For those on here who called me everything short of a communist for flying my flag from my antenna in the July 4th parade, instead of the "proper" location, please note I also have one attached at the right front quarter. You may relax and go scrutinize someone else's patriotism.

The front one is at half-staff in remembrance, the other one is as high as I could get it to show that you can attack us, but those colours will endure and wave proudly.

Cheers

Pic 1 - Mine
Pic 2 - Pawnshop's

Attachments

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, I actually had a neighbor comment that the flying of the flag on this commemorative day was inflammatory to some people. That some members of the sub-division felt discriminated against by its presense. My reply was... If flying our flag is inflamatory to someone in their group, then they shoulde feel free to look the other way... I as well as my family owe this country (our country) a tremendous debt of gratitude which is unpayable. I revere this country and would lay my life for it. We are a sleeping giant, but we have arisen. Sometimes it is difficult to understand how important honor and respect is for a symbol. Thank you all for participating. God Bless America.
WHHHHHAAAAAT:?::?::?: I think at that point I would tell them to go to H-E-Double Hockey Sticks and offer to pay for a one-way plane ticket for them to someplace beyond our borders:roll:. My 2cents

You're good man scootertrs. Keep the faith[thumbzup].

Last edited:

Stan Leschert

Guys, I actually had a neighbor comment that the flying of the flag on this commemorative day was inflammatory to some people. .

HUH?

Inflammatory?

Please supply the appropriate Grid Ref for this target. I may be old, but I dang sure can remember how to mix Napalm. Is that inflammatory enough?

Love the country that you are in.

Give respect where due.

Improve your area.

If you can't do that GET OUT!

The door is open....
We won't miss you!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks