• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

flywheel housing bolts??

dblcamaros

Ok, I have checked the search and read a bunch of threads and can't find what I am looking for. Maybe because my being new to the deuce ownership, and not really knowing what they are called. If there is a thread I apologize and please direct me to it. Anyway, at the bottom of my flywheel housing is two bolt holes, 1 of which is open. The other has a bolt in it and the center of the bolt has a recessed square fitting (almost like a allen wrench, except it's square). It is located directly behind the oil pan and before the acess panel behind the flywheel housing. I was told it was simply a drain hole to tell if your rear main seal went bad. It kind of worries me a little, it looks to me like there may have been a bolt there that came out recently. The threads look real clean and shiny. Anyway, is this correct? Should it be open or am I missing a bolt? If so does any one know what size it is I need to replace it? They look to be about 3/4" and almost a pipe thread. Thanks in advance! Any information is welcome.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to start your quest by downloading the technical manuals. Then you need to read the TM ending in -10. That's the Operators Manual.

Then, if that does not help(it will) your quest, look at the TM that ends with -34P. It's the parts manual. It has exploded views of every component of your truck. If you can identify the part you don't know the name of, well, you can look at the listing for the picture and get the part name, and part number. Then you will know the proper name, to search for.

jatonka

Doghead covered the technicalities, do what he said so you learn a lot about your new truck.

But, cause I was a newbie too, that is a pipe plug, stored in the boss off to the side. You install it in the open hole only when you are going to deep water ford the truck.

However, don't deep water ford the truck unless you read the manuals on everything you need to service immediately after fording operation is completed. Jt Out.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JT, we already covered that the other day.

Here's were it is covered in the -10(TM).

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries JT, you're just jumping to help. Nothing wrong with that. Thanks

dblcamaros

thank you both. some how i missed that in the 10 manual doghead. I have been searching the 34 since you said it and still couldn't find it. Thanks for the illustration......it is the drain plug #5 that i was reffering. except it appears that mine is reversed according to your diagram. I will fix it when i find a tool to fix it. Still haver a whole lot to learn. appreciate all of you who know and are willing to help. Thank you. I will go back and research the 10.!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take a look at this thread. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/88693-plug-no-plug.html

It covers the same thing you posted about here.

It also has an explanation of the technical manuals.

In that thread I referenced the "209 series" of TMs, rather than the 361 series. The 209 series is older than the 361 series. Either have the same info.

dblcamaros

Thanks for clearing up the 209 -361 confussion doghead. Also thank you for your time and help I appreciate it. I have a lot of TM searching to do, now my truck has fuel leaking, driopping on the ground. Would I look under the 10 manual for that as well or is that an orgazational level repair?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A half inch socket wrench will fit in the hole, and will also fit in the axle pumpkins to check the fluid, as well as the transmission and transfer case.

Before i got a deuce, I only had 3/8 drive sockets, now I have a full set of 1/2 drive and a partial 3/4 in drive set of sockets, as well as a set of 1/2 in impact sockets in both SAE and metric.

dblcamaros

Thanks doghead! I just finished reading hrough the 10 manual. Wow learned a few things I needed to know! Found the section(s) with the drain plug. Unfortunately I found nothing on my leaking fuel issue. However I did find out that is classified as a class 3 leak, which would render it inoperable. Also found out that it is coming from the fuel injection pump area. I hope I can fix it!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks