• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

flywheel - torque converter bolts

mezc

Hi,

CUCV lost some bolts and destroy part of the cover, high vibs and loud noise, I wanna try to put some new bolts back if the threads are not damaged and give it a try.
anybody has the part number for a set of these bolts (autozone, carquest)?

it failed after my 5000 miles on the road, I did not know it was so easy to remove the cover and check the bolts as a preventive maintenance, 8(

I'll post some pics tomorrow now is raining

thanks.

ralbelt

Mine had the same problem when I purchased it. Bolts broken, threads damaged, removed the broken bolts had the damaged threads repaired with aircraft grade helicoils.

Most likely the holes in the flex plate are elongated and you will have to replace it.

Last edited:

tm america

autozone or other autoparts have them in the help section they have locktight on them .they dont just come loose they .they had to have not been properly tightened in the first place or someone put standard bolts in a metric converter

mezc

:cookoo:No metric on Autozone:
Spectre / 6 pcs. 7/16 in. - 20 x 11/16 in. grade 8 flexplate bolts and lock washers for GM with automatic transmission Spectre / 6 pcs. 7/16 in. - 20 x 11/16 in. grade 8 flexplate bolts and lock washers for GM with automatic transmission

Anyone knows what are the right metric bolts size I need?

dstang97

:cookoo:No metric on Autozone:
Spectre / 6 pcs. 7/16 in. - 20 x 11/16 in. grade 8 flexplate bolts and lock washers for GM with automatic transmission Spectre / 6 pcs. 7/16 in. - 20 x 11/16 in. grade 8 flexplate bolts and lock washers for GM with automatic transmission

Anyone knows what are the right metric bolts size I need?

I think it is metric coarse thread.. that all I can offer. put the bolt in (do not tighten all the way) into the tc and wiggle the bolt if it does not feel right. try a metric bolt the same size. thats what I did