• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FM 20-22 Anybody got a copy?

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Much ado about nothing. I've drug 715's all over Az and Ca without any problems on a flat tow. The bugaboo is there was never an adapter for the weird front shackles to a towbar in the system. The chain adapters from a towbar kit won't fit between the bumper and sheet metal or on the front axle. I just drilled some holes in the front bumper and used the three-hole shackle mounts from a M35...the thing looked better as well.

Later I found some adapters in a towbar kit that looked like they came with the kit. They weren't much but a pair of steel "H" shaped things with pins to replace those horseshoe shackles that poked thru the bumper and connect to a regular GI towbar.

On another note, every time I've ever tried to tow anything with the steering box disconnected, the damn thing just starts to shimmy like crazy. The steering box performs a valuable damping factor you just can't get by without.

dg

m3a1_ht

It won't let me submit because its 4MB. I'll PM a link to where I posted it on my server, mangus580. Please download it directly and put it with the TMs. Tnx.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks