• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NJ FMTV 5-ton MTV 1083

charlesrg

Hagerty was a hassle, took several days and denied the policy when I mentioned I was going to convert it into an overland vehicle, they also wanted the truck inside storage.

Called Progressive Commercial and got the policy over the phone in 30 minutes. Not for hire, not for personal transportation, not for rent.

Can actually use the truck, this way I'm insured until I can convert it into an overland truck.

Agent says if anyone needs just call them, they have lots of this trucks covered.

ramdough

My understanding is that progressive requires you to hire the conversion. No DIY.

Is that your intent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlesrg

I wanted it insured first as a truck, then after conversion which can take half a year, I will have to seek insurance again. I learn that the insurance firm wants to insure for what it is, there is no policy that covers truck with intent to convert. If you say mid policy you will convert they will not insure you. Better off insuring as is and then after conversion cancel and get a new policy.

Last edited:

DriverDan

I just insured my M1081 with Hagerty without any issues. Don't volunteer extra info, like that you're going to convert it. Once converted you'll need to change insurance to RV coverage which Hagerty doesn't offer.

charlesrg

Are you going to keep your truck inside a covered garage and drive it only to car shows ? Or are you going to use it ?
Since I'm using it I'm happy with my proper coverage.

Oski1042

Just got off the phone with Progressive Commercial insuring my M1083. Agent was ex-military ... excited to talk trucks. Took 18 minutes to get a policy. Could not have been easier. Thanks for posting that tip!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks