• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV A1 floor coating

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am scrapping a 2002 M1083A1 cab and figured I would post how thick the newer sound dampening coatings are.

Floor
Floor.JPG

Tunnel
Tunnel.JPG

Back
Back.JPG

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hard to gauge thickness without something to reference in the picture (e.g. a coin). About 1/8" thick?

coachgeo

curious with the distinct layers if they are different... one intended more for heat.... one sound more for sound .... or radio interference barrier orrr?

coachgeo

tells us about the floor drains..... how are they configured thru this..... especially if there is a structural channel below the chassis with a floor drain thru it... or bolt head below a plug?

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
larger floor drains in the footwell have the duckbill rubber drain plugs that go all the way through the channel. The smaller drain holes have a rubber plug in the top and are open on the bottom.

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
By looking at that, I'd bet is it Rhino Liner, and sprayed on.

I did the entire floor of a 91 Range Rover classic from the footwell to the tail gate. It added 75 lbs to the truck, but oh so quiet and I could just hose it out. (Baja is dirty...)

Pointman

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks