• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV Amber clearance lights

oregonfirefighter

Painting the cab and came across a few of the Trucklite amber LED clearance lights that have failing seals. I have been unable to find a model number on these. Anyone have the model number and or source? Thank you!
2002 1088A1

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck-lite made the clearance lights but I contacted them and the do not distribute/sell the seals individually you have to purchase the entire assembly to get the seals with you can special order through NAPA for $30-$45 each.
My solution was, I ordered some 1/8" and 1/4" foam rubber with uv qualities from Mcmaster Carr and made a stencil and hand cut them out.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I do a bead of rtv around the light. Let it get a bit tacky before you tighten it down. The seals dont always stop leaks. Especially over the windshield you dont want water dripping down onto the dash.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks