• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV Amber clearance lights

oregonfirefighter

Painting the cab and came across a few of the Trucklite amber LED clearance lights that have failing seals. I have been unable to find a model number on these. Anyone have the model number and or source? Thank you!
2002 1088A1

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck-lite made the clearance lights but I contacted them and the do not distribute/sell the seals individually you have to purchase the entire assembly to get the seals with you can special order through NAPA for $30-$45 each.
My solution was, I ordered some 1/8" and 1/4" foam rubber with uv qualities from Mcmaster Carr and made a stencil and hand cut them out.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I do a bead of rtv around the light. Let it get a bit tacky before you tighten it down. The seals dont always stop leaks. Especially over the windshield you dont want water dripping down onto the dash.