• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fmtv crane maintenance manual, hydraulics specs?

8madjack

Sorry for the delay, there are several fitting sizes, I took some pics, got the paint off a couple to see the markings the other fittings are heavily painted, I can get wrench sizes if that helps, but I need specifics, there's hoses and fittings all over this thing.

Attachments

319cssb

I can’t really see what these fittings you show go to. But my leaky hoses are underneath .
Are they AN or JIC fittings?74949F7D-F7AE-47BB-80A2-7725D616FDB3.jpeg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I can’t really see what these fittings you show go to. But my leaky hoses are underneath .
Are they AN or JIC fittings?View attachment 833487
The hoses that I have replaced on my M1089 with a Grove Crane (12,000#, attached to my MTV) have been JIC fittings.

A couple of those hoses look fairly new. Should be a local vendor that can build replacement hoses for you...
PirTek has a couple of Charlotte stores if you want to remove your own and have them built.

BE SURE you mark the ends with some old bell wire if you remove multiple hoses!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for the delay, there are several fitting sizes, I took some pics, got the paint off a couple to see the markings the other fittings are heavily painted, I can get wrench sizes if that helps, but I need specifics, there's hoses and fittings all over this thing.
I just went through my 1084 (mostly) and I found it easiest to pull the hoses one at a time - mark each hose with different number/colors of wire ties (use the same to mark the receiving fitting. KEEP ALL THE OLD HOSES so that you can line them up to the new ones and reinstall. It’s busy work (and expensive work) but not difficult.

319cssb

The hoses that I have replaced on my M1089 with a Grove Crane (12,000#, attached to my MTV) have been JIC fittings.

A couple of those hoses look fairly new. Should be a local vendor that can build replacement hoses for you...
PirTek has a couple of Charlotte stores if you want to remove your own and have them built.

BE SURE you mark the ends with some old bell wire if you remove multiple hoses!
That is good advice. I will take each off separately, I think . And cap the fitting to not get too much of a mess or drain the hydraulic reservoir.
there is a website called ‘discount hydraulic hoses . Com’ they have very good pricing on hose by the foot and charge $10 extra to crimp any fitting you need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks