• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV Dog Ramp

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys just thought I’d share my work in progress of a ramp I have built to help my 95lb golden up in the truck. I started with the idea of using a aluminum loading ramp but couldn’t figure a good spot to store it. So I thought it may be a little heavier but I have plenty of 1 inch tubing laying around I could just weld one up. It is right at 6 ft long and 19 inches wide, so that it can be stored in the bed side storage. It tapers off at the top down to 14 inches so to fit the width of the inside step lip and then welded two pieces of c channel to hook into the step lip. I then layed a sheet of .080 aluminum down over it and riveted it to the frame and covered it with some pig brand grippy floor matting. It turned out really nice and it works. It is at the verge of being too steep for him, but where I had tested it out was on a down hill slope which made it seem steeper than it normally will be. I’ll run it like it is for a bit and see how it does. If it does need modified, I may do as @Third From Texas suggested in another post which I’ll link here https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/new-owner-of-a-m-1084.203582/post-2369935 , by adding some foldable leg extensions at the base to raise it up and reduce the overall angle.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey guys just thought I’d share my work in progress of a ramp I have built to help my 95lb golden up in the truck. I started with the idea of using a aluminum loading ramp but couldn’t figure a good spot to store it. So I thought it may be a little heavier but I have plenty of 1 inch tubing laying around I could just weld one up. It is right at 6 ft long and 19 inches wide, so that it can be stored in the bed side storage. It tapers off at the top down to 14 inches so to fit the width of the inside step lip and then welded two pieces of c channel to hook into the step lip. I then layed a sheet of .080 aluminum down over it and riveted it to the frame and covered it with some pig brand grippy floor matting. It turned out really nice and it works. It is at the verge of being too steep for him, but where I had tested it out was on a down hill slope which made it seem steeper than it normally will be. I’ll run it like it is for a bit and see how it does. If it does need modified, I may do as @Third From Texas suggested in another post which I’ll link here https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/new-owner-of-a-m-1084.203582/post-2369935 , by adding some foldable leg extensions at the base to raise it up and reduce the overall angle.
That is definitely Neat!!

If you decide that you could make another, I would be happy to pay for your time and materials.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is definitely Neat!!

If you decide that you could make another, I would be happy to pay for your time and materials.
Hey thanks, and yea I still have enough material to make a few more except for the aluminum I’d have to go get more. It would be no problem to make a few more, but I’m still in the testing phase. Ive only got to use it once, and haven’t got to use it on flat ground yet, he kinda struggled to get up it without my help so like I said before I’ll have to see how it does and may have to change the angle of it. Once I know for sure it works I’ll post a update.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck my Wife could go up that and get in the truck easy! So could my 2- 185 lb Newfoundland's their both way over weight!View attachment 839683
lol yea I actually tried it out myself before I tried getting whiskey up it. It never budged and I’m around 180lbs. It is a little heavier than I wanted. I would have loved to use aluminum tubing but I don’t have a means to weld aluminum yet, I need to buy the spool gun for my welder. Plus work was throwing away truck loads of old tables made of that tubing so I already had it on hand. The aluminum I did use was a undercut piece of a 4x8 sheet from a metal supplier in town that they sold me at a discounted price. It was perfect to fit the ramp and two new interior door panels for the truck I’m making , which I’ll post in the future also

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks