• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV Door Handles

aleigh

So on a certain popular auction site right now there's an auction up for a FMTV style door handle. It looks just like mine - and like everyone else I need one - except the handle part is chrome. I am thinking there is no way the gov't ever ordered chrome door handles on a tactical truck, whether FMTV or the Steyer. No part #s are visible in the photos. So my thinking is this door handle is actually off some other probably commercial truck, maybe european (like the vents on the dash are volvo), and maybe it's just not commonly known yet... ?

Anyone?

aleigh

I'm wondering if we couldn't just take a bunch of pictures and send it over to a big European truck parts counter in Germany or the UK and/or send it to the unimog parts crew (the hobby people like us) over there. I don't know why but I just have this gut feeling that it's originally a Volvo (or other) part, before it got on the Steyer, and we're going to find it goes to some lorry we've never heard of that they only have in Nepal and Vietnam (or something), but they are worthless out there.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does this truck look familiar? Steyr trucks in Europe are about as plentiful as Internationals are here. Someone finally connected the European aftermarket with the FMTV collector market. I tried but ran into a language barrier.

Attachments

scottreb

There is Steyr specific website IIRC. It's German but google translate works well and you can register and post w it. I'm sure someone would be glad to send a few tot the states. You can also try Expedition portal. Lots of Europeans on there too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks