• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV frame huck lock bolts

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a good thread on the topic: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?149849-Stuck-Frame-Bolts

A little search for "stuck frame bolts" will get you some more. Good luck!
Yeah in that thread they are referred to as Huck BobTail although I think they might be the Huck-Fit variety. I know they make a hydraulic gun to set them, but I was curious if anyone knew of a air gun that would do it. I may need to set a bunch of these and I have a good air compressor. If the hydraulic gun is the only option then I'll have to find a shop that can set them.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called around today to a few different heavy truck shops. Apparently the tooling to install these is not widely used, probably due to pricing. Two places near me do have the huck gun, but one of them has been waiting for over a month for theirs to come back from repair. Both shops charge about the same rate, $125/$127/hr. From speaking to a few of the shops, the places that don't have the equipment will just replace the huck bolts with grade 8 bolts and lock nuts. That is an option, but I don't want to have to periodically recheck the torque on them.

matt444

I have use of a huck gun down in rockhill sc depending on what size diameter bolt and style you need. You might also want to price out the bolts and collars first they aren't cheap!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks