• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV High Speed Gears

scottmandu

My LMTV tops out at 76mph with gears, compared to 59mph without. I am going to put 1400s on in the next few months as in addition to the gears. should make for a nice cruising rpm!
Best forward speed I could get out of my 3126 was 75 mph going downhill. 74 was attainable on flat stretches of road.

expeditionnw

I think you may be worried they dont have power for gears and tires.

the fact is, These motors feel gutless because they are wrapped wayyyy out of their powerband with too high a gear for hwy. my truck feels at 65mph, how it did at 45mph before. The shift points have smoothed out considerably. Like a real vehicle. Also 10-12mpg is a major bonus!

coachgeo

I think you may be worried they dont have power for gears and tires.

the fact is, These motors feel gutless because they are wrapped wayyyy out of their powerband with too high a gear for hwy. my truck feels at 65mph, how it did at 45mph before. The shift points have smoothed out considerably. Like a real vehicle. Also 10-12mpg is a major bonus!
You sure you don't have a 290hp engine and didn't realize it?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Profo is getting 6.5mpg with his 330hp camper towing a 1061 with 2k on it. Running 70

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

bikeracer917

I'm thinking about swapping out my gears to the high speed gears. My biggest concern is the tires. I have mvts and cold. What tires are you guys running with your high speed gears?

coachgeo

Coachgeo have you ever driven a truck thats been re geared? Its a simple consideration of powerband. These engines make plenty of power.
No have not..... Only asking cause those numbers seem a good bit out of line with what others have reported for the standard 3116 with swapped in Fast Ratio 3rds. Super sweet for you to be having such success. Just curious the total picture behind it is all.

fjdedrick

Hey guys..I've lurked here for about a month. I'm picking up my first M1079 mid Feb .

After reading countless threads this seems to to be the must have upgrade. Any High SPeed Caiman GEars in the North West Ohio Area?

I'm plopping down a fortune for the truck, looking for a reasonable gear set.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys..I've lurked here for about a month. I'm picking up my first M1079 mid Feb .

After reading countless threads this seems to to be the must have upgrade. Any High SPeed Caiman GEars in the North West Ohio Area?

I'm plopping down a fortune for the truck, looking for a reasonable gear set.
Depending in who you get them from a pair will be ~1,100-1,400. Very reasonable.

Waltjg

Howdy Folks,

Been a long time since I logged in... been working on skunkworks. ;o) I signed in to pass along some info on my regear and found out that I had been beaten to the punch line! Good info and work to you guys for running this down.

My info is a "ditto" for what has already been added here. 60 became 75mph and my speedo is also WAY off. I have the C7 Cat and I notice little difference on take off. It likes to run between 60-70; sweet spot.

One thing I can add that has not been posted is that I just drove to Centramatic to drop off an engineering model (wheel cut in half and a drum). They are going to see about making some wheel balancers for me. I run Equal in all of my other trucks but the CTIS works in this one so I am keeping it. Thus the need for an external balancer. More info to follow.

Also, I took advantage of the truck being on a rack to learn a lot about it. there IS a battery disconnect but it is under the battery box where you cant see it unless you are under there.

Got the truck back just in time to make a bonfire this weekend. Who says Dominoes will not deliver to a pasture!!!???

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Justin
Hello Justin,

Was Centramatic able to make you some balancers? I actually just spoke with a Jerry there this week--spent an hour on the phone with him. Super nice guy, and super helpful, but at the end of the call he still didn't think they had anything that would work...

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fronts are bolt Ins. The rears are not but the chunk can be exchanged into your existing axle quite easily. If these are the correct part numbers. I can't get to mine to verify.

wandering neurons

I'm thinking that these are for something much bigger than an LMTV, like HEMMT or MK48. I'm basing that on the upper steering arms each having a pivot, not just the left side like the LMTV. Also, the center chunk is offset to the wrong side and "flatter" top and bottom, LMTV chunk is more rounded.

Does anyone know or has anyone tried these??? I may have found a supplier if these will work.

View attachment 722835View attachment 722836View attachment 722837View attachment 722838

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks