• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV High Speed Gears

Trooperuss

For those of us who are not familiar with the wreckers that are being referred to, can we get some contact info for each place that has axles available please?

ecaltd

M-ATV Diffs ???

diff1.JPGdiff2.jpgHi All !!

Just getting my lmtv up and running and wondering about the high speed diffs... does anyone know offhand if the diff from an M-ATV (TAK-4) is a match for the axle housing on an FMTV ??? I've got a couple of kits that have the diff and diff housing... bonus is that it has diff locks !!

Maybe someone has the dimensions for the FMTV axle housing ???

Thanks !
gb

Rodney Lough Jr

it was simply a questions Justin. :) what i should have said was "One could do both, right?" my BAE has already had the gear change and t-case change - the idea behind the persons suggestion was to get crawler like settings by using this transfer case. to be honest I am contemplating it, but right now it's just too much.

SIMXVertigo

Keep talking guys. Been contemplating doing a t case and axle gear swap for great freeway speed and gas mileage but didn't want to lose the low speed power. I'd rather hear it from you then the bad idea fairy.

Mike Wryley

I have been thinking about this myself, with the 5. something ratio of the MRAP axle,
a huge reduction in rpm if you are sticking to more of a road environment
what about replacing the entire axle ? if the punkins are in the right position, that might be easier,,,

Thanks

Mike

sstephens637

Anyone know where to find a set of these 3.07's? Ive tried contacting the salvage in tx, but havent heard back.
Would like to get some shipped reasonably. Theres a set on ebay right now for 2500 which i think is ridiculous.

I pull trees, run in deep mud and sand, tow 15K+#

don't feel like the truck is lacking but it has also been reprogrammed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks