• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV / LMTV top on M35

sermis

I got my new / almost new top, thanks Builder77. I got it on my new truck. I have the metal uprights and bows that are about 13" taller than a deuce. I cut 3 " off each upright. The top looks good. I might need to add some pipe or flat stock to help mount the top in the stock location of the FMTV but I think it looks and works good for now.

Attachments

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Glad to see that is worked out so well. It actually appears to fit fairly well. I know the LMTV has a more flat top then the bowed M35. That does not appear to be anything that can't be worked around. Like you were saying too you can stand upright with is a very nice thing.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tubular bows with a 45 degree shoulder and they come to a very shallow peak on top (almost flat, but not quite). The attached picture should show what I mean if it comes out with enough detail.

Cheers

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, because of this thread, I picked up an FMTV top from Maddawg(great condtion, great price). Has anyone got a pic or dimensions of the frame work? How about a TM for the FMTV, would that have the info I am searching for?

sermis

I have a frame out back, FMTV or LMTV I can get some pic's or measurements.
I might could use another top.
I am using another frame on my truck, not sure what it is off of.
It uses 1 x 3 squsre tubing legs into the troop seat pockets and the same tubing
as bows. Curved on the corners and a slight peak on the top center.
Look at pic 007

Jakob

How much do those covers go for? I have to get new bows anyway and my cover has a big hole in it. I'd love to be able to stand up inside of the bed with the cover on!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks