• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV Replacement Door Handle Upgrade

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I certainly wasn't suggesting anything that was $300 (that's what the scalpers are raping people for the old pot metal NOS junk handles S&S used). I'm sure the same scalpers are getting $300 for the Trimarks by tossing them up on their sites as "super rare LMTV door handles". LOL. The new style handles can be found for fractions of that price, that's what I was suggesting. I had some in my cart awhile back that were $50 but then the A1R fell in my lap and it already had them. Very sorry to hear that you cut your finger, though.

:)
I've found that the S&S door handles are reasonable robust... it's the cheap ass pot metal "actuator arm" is the weak point... the Trimarks would certainly do the job..but watching Dr. Neil and his surgical precision... i thought "that's a sure fire way for Berzerker888 to lose a limb"..! lol

B-Dog

You can't install those Trimark handles without the bezels. The handle is installed from the inside, the bezel goes on the outside and sandwiches everything together. They're well made. $200 is reasonable IMO. I don't believe those handles come with keys but I could be mistaken.

The picture austin hardware shows is misrepresenting. The bezel is shown in this picture, the handle is circled:

1649769325863.png

Here's the handle only. Drawings are available on trimarkcorp.com including the cutout template:

1649769438406.png

SrqRyan

Yeah, I saw that video. Im the kind of guy that doesnt like throwing out a whole assembly when one tiny part is broken. A forum member showed me their fix, which is exactly what I had in mind. I can model that, and send them to a plasma table and have dozens and dozens of them burned out for a couple bucks each (mainly setup fees). In which case, I can mail them out to other people who have this problem and dont want to drop 180 dollars.

Not my first rodeo on that kind of thing. Replaced a number of failure prone plastic parts on exotic automobiles with fabricated aluminum before. It is my first rodeo on an LMTV though. This is fun.
Bringing up an old thread but since I can't PM, do you have any info on the actuation arm or have you had any luck?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks