• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV suspension?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I don't think you would have the weight handling capacity. I have a set from a 1083 that are lighter springs. Would ride a bit better than tractor ones.

coachgeo

Is your question referring to the black stack of hockey pucks (calling it that for lack of anything better to call it) or the whole set up or just the leaf springs?.....

Will/Suprman... is that NOT a stack of Hockey pucks but actually a coil spring of some sort?

Ohhh. and thanks for that image of the hockey puck stack(?)..... been wanting to see up close that setup for a while. Now just need to see how these axles are set up on a 4x4 instead of 6x6 like is done in the rigs used now.
(A1P2 ??)

Last edited:

xomegaiv

Is your question referring to the black stack of hockey pucks (calling it that for lack of anything better to call it) or the whole set up or just the leaf springs?.....

Will/Suprman... is that NOT a stack of Hockey pucks but actually a coil spring of some sort?

Ohhh. and thanks for that image of the hockey puck stack(?)..... been wanting to see up close that setup for a while. Now just need to see how these axles are set up on a 4x4 instead of 6x6 like is done in the rigs used now.
(A1P2 ??)
I was asking about the hockey pucks you are describing. Not the leaf springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don’t know exactly, but from watching my rear suspension move under various conditions I would say it is some sort of mount that allows the two axles to articulate in different directions so the springs don’t bind up the movement. They seem to be hard rubber. I’m sure there’s some sort of metal core to them. They do look like coils wrapped in rubber, but don’t seem to be. I could be wrong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks