• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMV Plate Bill Introduced in Illinois

ryan77

Thanks for the work what a load of red tape for a common sense bill like this! No wonder nothing gets done in springfield..

Ma Duce

The bill passed the house today 112-1 the one no vote was a mistake and the rep was out of his seat and someone else vpted his switch.

It now goes to the governor

Ma Duce

More good news, I have to confirm, but I am told the state changed their regs on Antique Vehicle plates and took off the 8000 LB weight restriction.

If true, this means all the older dueces will be running for dirt cheap. and any of the new stuff like an A3 or 923 will get between a $400 and $1000 break on plate fees with the FMV plate.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More good news, I have to confirm, but I am told the state changed their regs on Antique Vehicle plates and took off the 8000 LB weight restriction.

If true, this means all the older dueces will be running for dirt cheap. and any of the new stuff like an A3 or 923 will get between a $400 and $1000 break on plate fees with the FMV plate.
Awaiting that confirmation, but it sure does sound like cause for celebration !

Ma Duce

The bill was signed into law late Friday. If you got one of those MK 48s ypur gonna sve about $2000 and you can use it as a daily driver.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank YOU Ma Duce! Really appreciate all your effort on our behalf! Guess I should have waited a tad more, but my plates were up at the end of June and I was goin to use the Raven Deuce and trailer for sand. What a relief!:jumpin: What will we be paying now for trucks and trailers? THANKS AGAIN!:driver:
God bless,
Tony:-D

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My sincere gratitude to Ma Duce and all those who made this happen.

Illinois General Assembly - Full Text of Public Act 097-0811

After spending thousands to register and plate the M817 at GVW .......for a vehicle I drive twice a month at best.....I can only ask: Where and when can we meet to thank you in person? Do you accept "Erik's Military Surplus" gift cards?

Much appreciated

Bob

Ma Duce

(a) The owner of a former military vehicle may register the vehicle for a fee not to exceed:(1) $100 for a vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of 26,000 pounds or less;

For a Duece this will save $177
(2) $150 for a vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of 26,001 to 45,000 pounds;

For a 900 series, this will save $973

(3) $500 for a vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of 45,001 to 65,000 pounds;

This saves $1500 for a guy who just won a MK48.
(4) $1,000 for a vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of over 65,000 pounds; or

So if you ha 915 or 920 you just saved $2191

(5) $25 for a trailer with a weight of 3,000 pounds or less; or(6) $75 for a trailer with a weight of over 3,000 pounds.

Ma Duce

The bill goes into effect immediately. So I will contact the Sec. of State tommorow and see how soon they think it will be available.

And btw, I asked to be put on the list for #1 for the under 26,000 for my bobber project . . .

Now that the bill is signed I forgot to mention, these plates don;t have the restrictions AV plates have on parades and such. you can run it as a daily driver. Just don;t get caught trying to use it for a business or farm. Then your gonna get dinged like a farmer hauling freight on AG plates.

But feel free to move your sister out of or down to the whore house or take the kid to college in one trip. That was another goal of mine.

Last edited:

Mark3395

Ma is too modest. Full-up plates for a deuce fully laden costs me $577 as I recall. Only if it's plated for 16,000 lbs is it the lower figure he cites.

And it's important to remember that the vehicle needn't be 25 years old, as with the previous antique plates. In other words a 35A3 is the same price as a '70 Deuce under the new system.

Well done Ma Deuce.

usaforce

Dinner on Me!!!

Ma Duce you are a saint! I own a restaraunt in Harrisburg, Il. and if you are ever around here give me a line and your feast is on me! Thank you so much for your hard work.

tcody

Any updates from other IL members? I went to the local IDOT office today and after several calls I was told the bill has not been signed by the Gov and until that happens no plates. My local office is not always on the ball so I wonder what the experience of other members in IL was?

rwbrown72

Ma Duce you are a saint! I own a restaraunt in Harrisburg, Il. and if you are ever around here give me a line and your feast is on me! Thank you so much for your hard work.
Let me know if he comes down and I'll bring the M109 down for an evening on the town in Harrisburg! About an hour from Mt. Vernon for me!

Russell

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks