• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMV Plate Bill Introduced in Illinois

While I like the M37 plate, I do like the white star as well and think it would be more generic for any type vehicle. As stated, thank you for your efforts. It is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Ma Duce

I'm leaning toward the middle one with the white star on it.

I'll see if they are going to make them all the same of different ones for different classes and trailers.

Will know more tommorow

Ma Duce

If you have a plate comming due and want to get a registration form / temp registration for the new FMV plates please contact:
Candace Wanzo @ cwanzo@ilsos.net

any problems with it drop me a line

Last edited:

rwbrown72

Ok I was out of town when I got the email. And my Iphone does not like me posting and doing stuff here so I had my wife do it from the home PC. Looks like that didn't work so I will try again.
I'd vote for the middle one first and the bottom one second. I don't like the photo one. Just my $.02.

Looks cool though. I have one deuce coming up in December. I'll have to look at the other.

Russell

saddamsnightmare

September 23rd, 2012.

The white star, which I can't bring up, would probably be good....the only problem is it is probably the wrong choice for a Swiss Unimog..... I would also suggest a black star on tan for those of us who have (or in my case, had) 686A desert tan and black deuces....

I still appreciate the work on this one, keep pushing.. Now if I can only use her daily for a working truck, that WOULD be good!:-D

Sir Vyvin

This is fantastic news. I just found this thread. I have been fighting with the Ill. SOS for a month trying to get RV plates for my converted M-109 but getting kicked around every corner. (for those interested, pix will be provided in a future thread) Please let me know AS SOON as i can get an app or temp plate!!! Drove to Rockford without plates for inspection checking my mirror every 2 minutes but to no avail, they wouldn't issue a plate.:)

Ma Duce

Update 10/5/12

So I got my title to the 923 a couple of weeks ago and was passing through Springfield so i stopped by to do the title application and plate registration.

I stopped by the legislative shop to share a couple of emails I had and to go over somethings.

If you need or want to apply for the FMV plate now, you need to contact springfield and go through Candace. She will take care of it. they are accepting applications, she has to do them on a special form and only she is processing them cause the "perminent" forms are not out yet.

Candace Wanzo, CWanzo@ILSOS.NET you can cc H. W. Devlin who has been helping shepard this through; Harry W Devlin, HDevlin@ILSOS.NET

they have started moving on the artwork we selected, but due to the replating of legislative plates for the General Assembly, we will probably see our plates after the first of the year.

It cost me $245 for the title change and plates. $95 for the title, $150 for the second series plates for a 5 ton. If there are any issues please feel free to contact me, as the local offices are not aware of all this and they will be sending out a notice to the SoS drivers' facilities instructing them to refer people to the Springfield Office.

My temp registration will be in the mail today, and I will be legal on the street next week.

things are a moving along. . .

Andercomm

Illinois fmv plates

I only ask as I followed the directions and sent e-mail(s) over the last 3 weeks (one a week) to Candace Wanzo @ cwanzo@ilsos.net and Harry W Devlin at HDevlin@ILSOS.NET and did not get a reply.

Yesterday I even telephoned Candace's office in Springfield (217) 524-0414, but of course a female assistant indicated she was on a another call, but would call me right back. So I left my name and telephone number - but no one ever called me back.

Yes, I understand the S.O.S. office is a busy place...just sorry no one thought to answer my inquiry about the FMV plate...!:cry::cry::cry:

William

saddamsnightmare

October 25th, 2012.

Ma Duce:

Next time you are in Springfield on a Friday to Tuesday, come on over to the Lincoln Home NHS and I will get you a grand tour, and you can visit my Unimog S404.114. I guess I'll leave it on the "B" class plate for now, as I can see not restrictions on its use, even if having the front and rear plates tears up the appearance of an otherwise factory truck. At least in Texas they allowed me to use the Swiss Army plates or carry the Texas Plates in the cab... There weren't a heck of a lot of Unimogs, about 20 in Dallas and 20 in Houston and none closer to me then 130 miles away....Everything is bigger in Texas!

Thanks for your work on this bill... come by when I'm in the money and I'll set you up for a pizza....:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks