• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FOIA Request for both -13 and -23 1031 manuals

IowaFamilyGuy

Hi guys,

After reading most of the CUCV posts, and in my attempt for a Noob to be useful, I put in a FOIA request to have TM 9-4940-562-13 and TM 9-4940-562-23P released from classified status, for applicable safety and troubleshooting needs of end users who purchase the M1031 as surplus.

I'm an old Supply guy and am comfortble with dealing with the headaches, so I started with an online FOIA request.

I got my first response today, and as usual it was incorrectly routed. So I resubmitted the paperwork to a different DOD POC and will wait for the next response.

Let me know if you care, and I'll update this as the case rolls on, or if no one responds, I'll just let you know when it's done.

Tophu

Last edited by a moderator:

Crash_AF

I care, but I already got an electronic copy of the manuals. I can tell you there is an EOD version of the SECM body and I'd almost bet that it is flagged because of that.

I can also tell you that there is nothing in either manual that pertains to explosives, EOD specific equipment, or tactics so if you can get someone to perform a review, it should clear the hurdle.

PM me with your e-mail addy if you want an e-copy.

Later,
Joe

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Good luck. I know Dave Frankenhauser was working this before he was killed.

Suggest also getting release of the supply catalog listings so they can be posted since that stuff ain't part of the manual.

IowaFamilyGuy

Hey there Carnac, if you can get me the Supply Catalog numbers, I'll chase another one through.

As far as current status is, I submitted the req, and the current response was to get them off of the internet... aua

I advised them that my req was to get them declassed so that it wouldn't be a bad thing to own them. We'll see where we go from here. :)

Smokinyoda

I know this is an old thread but was there any progress made on getting these two manuals released? Trying to troubleshoot a non working governor, the manuals would sure be a big help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks