• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Font axle boot cracked.

drowens1

I have a CV joint boot that is cracked and slings grease. it is on the right front. Is there an easy fix for this or is it a complete disassembly of the axle?

papakb

There's no easy fix for this one. While there are some aftermarket wrap around repair boots the best fix is to remove the half-shaft and replace the boot with a new one. The boots, bands, and tools to install them aren't expensive and are a worthwhile addition to your tool box. Make sure you thoroughly clean out the old grease when you have the joint apart or you'll have more problems down the line. In your not comfortable with an axle rebuild then the next alternative is to pick up a rebuilt axle.

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found an easy or easier way of doing, disconnect the axle at the differential or at the brake disc, remove the CV and boot, and replace the outside boot without removing the axle, it's fairly easy, and at that point lube both CV and replace both boots if needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks